Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Moo

Re: Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Post by Moo »

Magic Beans wrote:On the right car a VS kit looks good :)

Well said that man :clap: You do realise you are sticking your neck on the block for serious peer abuse? :wink:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I do it every single day of the week :lol:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Dropped in to see the car today. Things are coming along nicely! I DID take some pictures whilst I was there... However I`m going to hold back on any picture posting until the car is finished off, polished up and cleaned as it is so close to completion, I want the pictures to do it justice.

Twin engine bay fans are installed, custom paint job (similar red and black scheme to before but with a MUCH better quality finish and some `one off` custom ideas incorporated..) One off arch style, aluminium undertray, Blitz boost controller replaces a center vent, joystick controllable gauge installed into the standard clock space,

There has been some subtle touches put in and some major work on the bodykit to get a nice fit and all I will say is.. This car now pulls it off! The `track` theme/look is there, and it calms the lary in your face kit, it looks a good combination in my opinion! We did notice a few things that need sorting, I wasnt happy with how the ECU is mounted so we are changing that and the popup headlight surround (silver trim round the glass bit) I want black so that is being sorted. I`m really happy with it so far, and it will be back SOON! M.O.T and tax next week. Watch this space.
Moo

Post by Moo »

Exciting times :D

When you posting up the pictures then?
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Haha, well pics will be up when it`s got M.O.T/Tax/Insured, polished up and super clean and tidy and ready for Japfest 2! Within the next 2 or 3 weeks most likely. The pictures I have taken are in the workshop and the car is in a corner and a bit dusty as work continues on it, so these pictures are being burned to disc as part of the `work in progress` pictures.. I`m sad I have a folder full of paperwork in plastic wallets and discs with pictures on from the car in different states over the years! :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

D4N_V_U wrote:I`m sad I have a folder full of paperwork in plastic wallets and discs with pictures on from the car in different states over the years! :thumleft:

You aren't the only one :wink:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Some sneak peek pics... Wasn't gona put any up but sod it I`m bored! Shows a bit more work in progress too. Please bare in mind it is not finished yet, sitting in a dusty workshop/needs a polish up and some attention to detail finishing off! Inside wants sorting bigtime so not even bothering showing any of that lol. When it rolls out of there I will take some good pics with a real camera. :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Mon May 27, 2013 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I`m thinking limo window tints will suit this car on the rear window and qtrs., legal limit tint on the driver and passenger windows. You can`t really see in these pics as the quality is awful on my camera phone, but the front splitter has been partially painted black, and that continues through the Veilside sideskirts, and then the bottom of the rear Veilside bumper and center section of the spoiler is black too. In the metal it looks pretty damn cool!

Bomex scoops are meshed and black rather than red now, wingmirrors are red again instead of black, underneath there is also a flat ally undertray for extra support and hopefully aid airflow. Not long now until it will be back on the road. Also the boost controller install is pretty neat in the vent inside the car. All wires tidy and in tubing to keep my `stripped out` theme looking good. Keep an eye on this one it will be on the road soon! Then next year... Forged engine rebuild to complete the dream.lol.
Last edited by DAN_REV1_TURBO on Mon May 27, 2013 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Also opinions please >>> Rear center section between the lights... Paint red as is the body of the car, paint black or leave it carbon? (Its real carbon not just wrap). And ditch or keep the turbo emblem?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Personally I'd say keep the carbon and ditch the emblem. Looking good though :thumleft:
DanT

Post by DanT »

agree with above regarding the emblem.

looks like workshops changed abit since i worked there..that scaffolding wasnt there before lol
Moo

Post by Moo »

Knew you wouldn't be able to resist putting some pics up :lol:

Looking good :thumleft: Paint job is somewhat of an improvement than before :) Like what you've done with the black highlights on the front splitter, skirts and rear bumper, it's a unique and personal touch which is what it's all about in my book :thumleft:

Agree with what's already been said about the rear panel in that I'd keep it carbon and black as it fits in with the black spoiler blade and bumper section but lose the turbo emblem as it clutters it up a little. De-badged is definitely the way to go and the only advert you need is the one where you put your foot down :wink:

So when's the due day? I get mine mapped this Wednesday and should be collecting next week so looks like I might beat you by a few days :wink:
matt-mr2

Post by matt-mr2 »

Magic Beans wrote:Personally I'd say keep the carbon and ditch the emblem. Looking good though :thumleft:

+1 carbon and ditch emblem :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

matt-mr2 wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:Personally I'd say keep the carbon and ditch the emblem. Looking good though :thumleft:

+1 carbon and ditch emblem :thumleft:

+2 :D

Car's looking good Dan :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

M.O.T tomorrow.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Hope it goes well :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Good luck :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Well the good news is.. Car passed it`s M.O.T. :thumleft:

Bad news... They managed to smash the front bumper on their ramp! So the car is back at 3S still, having the front end re-painted at the M.O.T centres expense!

At least now it has M.O.T I can get insurance and tax sorted whilst I wait. :D
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Ahh man! After all that work too :(

How is it so difficult for some of these apes?! :(

At least it's back on the road, which is a big positive :)
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Ahh man! After all that work too [Sad]

How is it so difficult for some of these apes?! [Sad]

At least it's back on the road, which is a big positive [Smile]

I know mate it`s ridiculous. I`ve spent the equivalent of a brand new car getting this MR2 how I want it and some total doughnut goes and damages it just after it`s finished! Just one of those things I guess.

Return to “Member Profiles”