[Mk2] [NA] Will this fit?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ryan6926

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Will this fit?

Post by Ryan6926 »

Anyone know please only I want to fit a MR2 turbo backbox to my G Limited Rev 2 N/A

Any idea how much work is involved?

Thanks in advance
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Cutting, welding etc. How big is it? Most turbo exhausts will sound like xxxx on an NA.
Ryan6926

Post by Ryan6926 »

Ah ok I won't worry then if it's going to be a huge job, If it was a case of getting a reducer I'd have done it that way but if it's going to be a ballache / sound awful I won't worry I'll stick to the Mongoose on now :)

Cheers :)
Torero

Post by Torero »

kayjay0_7 wrote:The Legalis sounds great and not too loud

John (Torero) runs one on his v6 too :thumleft:

Spot on with both facts :thumleft: the sound is excellent, you get the burble on idle and deceleration and the throaty sound when you hit the loud pedal but what you don't get is the drone when cruising on the motorway at 70. It's surprisingly civilsed actually.
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
BLZ-8027

Post by BLZ-8027 »

Ryan6926 wrote:Anyone know please only I want to fit a MR2 turbo backbox to my G Limited Rev 2 N/A

Any idea how much work is involved?

Thanks in advance

Probably a little late but

This is a standard fitment rear box ,turbo is on the bottom of the pic

As you can see the only difference is the length of the downpipe to the box ,so easy enough to fit a standard Turbo exhaust on a N.A,using a section of decat pipe, mounting points are the same

All depends on the turbo box you choose though , most turbo boxes are a center fitment for the downpipe ,so more work needed to mod the N.A downpipe to fit,

you would need to mod the downpipe similar to this (but better), to fit a twin exit center fitment turbo box

Return to “Modifications”