[Mk2] [NA] Removing Air-Conditioning

Anything and everything to do with mechanical issues with your Mk2

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Donato

[Mk2] [NA] Removing Air-Conditioning

Post by Donato »

I've decided to go ahead with removing the air-con on my car as it's currently not serving any purpose. In order to remove it properly what would i need to take off?

I know the air-con compresser can come off easily as it runs off a different belt. The air-con radiator can come off with a struggle of removing the bumper. Is it just a case of then following the air-con lines and removing?

Cheers :thumleft:
shinny

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Removing Air-Conditioning

Post by shinny »

glimitedmr2 wrote:The air-con radiator can come off with a struggle of removing the bumper

No need to remove the bumper: http://shinny.co.uk/toyota/MR2_SW_1993_ ... ndense.pdf
humdigadi

Post by humdigadi »

I'd be interested in buying the air con radiator off you if it's in good condition and is the correct size for a Rev 2 Turbo.
Donato

Post by Donato »

shinny wrote:
glimitedmr2 wrote:The air-con radiator can come off with a struggle of removing the bumper

No need to remove the bumper: http://shinny.co.uk/toyota/MR2_SW_1993_ ... ndense.pdf

Thanks for that link. That'll save me a few snapped bolts and some graised skin :thumleft:

humdigadi wrote:I'd be interested in buying the air con radiator off you if it's in good condition and is the correct size for a Rev 2 Turbo.

I'm afraid it has disintergrated. Which is the main reason for removing it!
asdrewq

Post by asdrewq »

glimitedmr2 wrote:
shinny wrote:

Thanks for that link. That'll save me a few snapped bolts and some graised skin :thumleft:

I replaced my condenser a couple of years ago for a new part. Tried that method in the BGB and I have to say I found it impossible :lol: Seem to recall a protrusion on the condesner fouls on the bumper bar when you try and remove it, making it impossible to do.

Removed the bumper in the end.
Blue2UK

Post by Blue2UK »

Remember kids, Captain Planet pities the fool who vents to atmosphere!
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

If he has a rev 2 which hasn't already vented to atmosphere through old age then I'm impressed. :thumleft:
Rev 2 Turbo (Testing my patience)

Golf GTI MK5 (Competent but dull)

Return to “Mechanical”