Sell or break?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2 Rich

Re: Sell or break?

Post by MR2 Rich »

There's nothing wrong with the cars you break, I'd understand if they were damaged or broken. Do you actually enjoy the cars before you break them or is it all business?
No 2 :(
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

i enjoy them but get bored, and far be it from explaining myself but why should i sell a car that i buy for lets say £2k for £2k when i can break it for more?

and lets not forget the cars i break help keep others on the road, but i guess you have never bought any used parts for your car
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Get bored or keep them whole long enough to avoid being classed as a trader?
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

what are you the imoc police? - i dont sell hardly any parts on here for that pathetic attitude.

whats exactly is your problem
mr2mk2dotcom

Post by mr2mk2dotcom »

Another way of looking it is for every one that you break keeps some others going on the cheap. I'm still undecided what to do though.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

I have no problem, I've got 2 of them so I'm happy.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

ill say this once more as im a little tired of explaining it.

I used to break lots of rev3 NA's, they were always offered for sale either here or ebay, so in a place where anyone else can buy them - nobody else did, so i pay for them with my own money and as such i can do what i want with them.

The only 2x rev3 turbos i have bought ive broken, the 1st one i bought for £2k and spent £2k on it - does that sound like someone who bought it to break it, i even spent money having the geometry and corner weights done - kept it for 3 weeks after that, broke it. The next rev3 turbo i kept for 2 months and its being broken now, whatever pulls me back to mr2s isnt strong enough to make me keep them. Will i buy another, most definitely, will i break it - again most definitely.

I have also bought and broken 2x mk4 R32's and they cost me around £7k each, i dont get attached to cars but that does not mean i dont like them.

Its my money ill spend it on what i want and break what ever car i like - end of.

Sorry to the OP as this seems to have gone off track, but if you like a car so much dont sell it as the next owner might end up breaking it. If you could sell a car for 2 or 3 times what its worth you would do it even if it means selling it piece by piece
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

MR2 Rich wrote:I have no problem, I've got 2 of them so I'm happy.

one of which you are trying to sell or break :whistle:
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

I tried for weeks to sell it whole but nobody wanted it, that's a lot different to buying decent Mr2's just to break.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

my money my choice, i tell you what, the next time im going to buy a rev3 turbo that ill drive around for a bit until i get bored again and eventually break, ill let you know 1st so you can save it from the scrapyard. Then you can do what you like with it.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Can't believe you've got so worked up about this.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

equally i cant believe you care to comment full stop about me breaking cars, im a bit bored of the numpty comments about how a car is too good to break.

No car is too good to break when its worth more in parts, getting precious over someone else's near 20 year old 2 grand car is a bit pathetic really
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

I was playing with you and you bit...
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

of course you were, and if by some amazing thing you were, maybe you need to have more than you love of cars to amuse you
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Got plenty of things to amuse me.

Night Jason hope to have another chat tomorrow.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

cant wait for more dribble
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Think you meant drivel...
TheBaker

Post by TheBaker »

MR2 Rich wrote:They'll be none left when Jason's finished, sell it and let someone else have some fun with it. :thumleft:

This.

Agree with MR2_Rich throughout this thread.

If there's someone willing to buy it first give them a chance, these cars aren't being made anymore. :evil:

Don't need anymore good 2's being dismantled for monetary gain, don't understand why people can't just take a loss and let these cars live. :roll:
ashley

Post by ashley »

+2

If the shell is rotten then I get scrapping it and recyclying the parts to keep others alive, but turning perfectly decent MR2's into scrap as a matter of course is a real shame...as enthusiasts for the marque we should be trying to save not irradicate them #-o
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

then you should all club together and buy them to save them, my 1st rev3 turbo was up for sale here for quite a while and nobody bought it - quite funny how you are all getting precious over 20 year old toyotas.

Watch out as im sure ill buy another rev3 turbo to break sometime after i have driven it around for a few months

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”