bang then hesitation

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

dazmaz

bang then hesitation

Post by dazmaz »

hey guys need some help was driving my turbo rev1 yesterday all was fine boosting ok special on until I heard a loud pop from the exhaust almost like unburnt fuel but loud no smoke not issue the car just slowed down and I kept going only issue now is as solo as I try and give her any throttle it hesitates and splutters and dies until I lift off throttle. any ideas?

the plugs dissy rotar all been done about 100 miles ago as well as oil and filter has a fuel pressure regulator after market but set to stock this has been on for years, full decat exhaust it's really worrying me! but as I said if am easy with her she drives ok just as soon as I give throttle she starts to die. also idles not great now with what seems to be a slight miss.
dawesy

Re: bang then hesitation

Post by dawesy »

Check for water round the plugs and cracks in the coil. Mine did this when it was wet after I removed the rain tray.
GuiGui

Post by GuiGui »

Yes, I'll say the same thing at first.
MartinF

Post by MartinF »

Sounds like a turbo pipe has come off.
dazmaz

Post by dazmaz »

cool I'll check that when am home anything else after that it's like driving thru tar and my fuel ratio gauge reads mega rich when this happens.
dazmaz

Post by dazmaz »

cheers guys think I found it appon checking my leads I noticed a split in a boost pipe joiner from the intercooler replaced it idles fine now not gonna drive it till iv don't my ignition timing as I think it's out and my timing light is shagged so waiting on new one.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”