Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: Dans Rev1 GT Turbo.

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

i vote bayside blue

only because its my favorite color ever

love that bonnet too were did you get it and how much are they ?

It`s a `Race Design` vented bonnet mate. They were available on ebay, not sure how much they are new now or if still available.

I picked this up used for £180. It`s a bit of a one off as originally there was a chap on IMOC (not sure if he still uses the site) who was a panel beater, he took the bad fitting `race design` fibre glass bonnet and cut it to shape, then took a standard bonnet and cut the perfect fitting frame from it and bonded the two together. It has been done excellently and is a perfect fit as the frame is standard Toyota, considerably lighter than stock. There was a thread on here way back about it.

That blue does look great!
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

cheers mate ive found them on ebay carbenfibrecreations does them :)

might get me one lol

and i intend 1 day changing mine to bayside blue as i love it :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Cool, £300 new then. I will post some more pics when I get updates from 3S, I`m looking forward to having a nice freshly painted car next summer.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

D4N_V_U wrote:
The dash looks much cleaner now
Which wide arch have you gone for? Same as mine? What colour have you chosen for the respray?

Cheers mate, will be better when its sprayed up in there and I switch the clock out, maybe a new handbrake cover would be good too. Also the door pull plastics I never got round to doing yet.

What are yours mate woodsport ones, or are they Abiflug? I was going to purchase some Abiflug arches but James at 3S mentioned he has some wide arches he can use already there, not sure what make they are to be honest they might be the same.

Regards the paint it hasnt been decided yet, I need some photoshops doing and to have a think what I want really. We did talk about having gold flake in the paint but I think it will be too over the top as the bodykit already pushes what is aesthetically acceptable :lol: Maybe all red, black roof and spoiler,red bonnet with the vent sections black? I dunno! I want it to be different and everyone seems t have a black roof now, so maybe just do the whole car red..

They've these http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=148800 with a bit of modification

Blue MR2s do look awesome :thumleft:

Don't worry about what others think of your VS kit. It's your car, your money and you who you're doing it for. Everyone has an opinion, but it doesn't mean you have to agree with it :wink:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Nah I dont worry really, but the Veilside is a bit extreme, which I personally like! BUT if I have some purple flip paint or lime green monstrosity paint job it will push it over the edge! I think its a fine line but once the car has the arches and is all painted nicely, it will pull it off. Your car is stunning by the way beans!
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I don't mind the VS kit, in fact there's some lovely examples on here. :D

Flip paint only just worked on TVRs, so on an MR2 it would be too Max Power :eye:

Glad you like the Mule. I'm really pleased with how it's turning out but it's nice to hear I'm not too blinkered in my views :)
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

`The Restoration` (The real restoration!) Continues here >>> http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=166504
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Love the bonnet work :D
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Cheers mate they are doing a good job. Over 5 months without driving an MR2 for me now but will all be worth it, it`s been held up due to needing a replacement Veilside rear spoiler for them to finish the respray, another IMOC member had one so it`s getting sent down next week so hopefully things can crack on. :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Well, hopefully this car will be completed by next weekend. May well end up being a little late for Japfest for me so I have a ticket for sale if anybody wants it cheap.

It`s on the ramp at 3S/JDModified all next week to finish off the following >>>

1) Rectify battery drain issue
2) Install twin engine bay fans
3) Rectify an issue with the AEM ECU
4) Fit electronic boost controller
5) Bomex Scoops and Veilside skirts meshed
6) Install the new digital display (replaces dash time clock)
7) Install alarm
8) Hose down the car/Check for any water ingress since seals re-fitted
9) M.O.T

The more I think about it, I`m very likely knocking Japfest on the head. I will probably travel down in the barge to look over the car and make sure I`m happy and do not want anything else sorting or doing.. Really do not want to rush it away and then realise we had an issue. If I`m happy with it I`ll take it back and get my mate to drive the other car back and I`ll give the MR2 a blat for the first time in months. :thumleft: So hopefully I`ll still end up with a smile on my face Japfest or no Japfest! :D
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Nothing like a last minute mad dash eh :shock:

You've got the right mentality about it though, as even if you do miss JF you'll still be getting the car you've waited so long for. It is after all the most important part. Looking forward to seeing the results :thumleft:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Looking forward to seeing the results

Yeah I am too! I`ll bang plenty of photos up when I have it back, got a half decent Sony camera to use now and a little Nikon Coolpix thing.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Photos are always welcomed here :thumleft:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Magic Beans wrote:Photos are always welcomed here :thumleft:

This :mrgreen:
DanT

Post by DanT »

Having seen this in the flesh I look forward to seeing the final result
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Having seen this in the flesh I look forward to seeing the final result

Results should be good bud, it`s been there for over 7 months, stripped down, rust removed, any welding required, imperfections sorted/primer coat/full respray, wheels refurbished, seals fitted correctly, the works. If I`m happy with the cosmetics and the way it drives over this summer, next winter we will have it off the road again and go for engine mods/forged internals as I`d like to go for more power with it.
Moo

Post by Moo »

Cracking job, really looking forward to seeing this finished :thumleft:

It's funny how we both started our projects at a similar time and both will be done around the same time :)
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Cracking job, really looking forward to seeing this finished [thumleft]

It's funny how we both started our projects at a similar time and both will be done around the same time [Smile]

Yeah it is, I tthink your engine bay will be shinier though! mine will end up off the road again for ages next year for sure.lol. When they are both out and nicely polished up if there`s a show or a meet on it could be worth getting a few pictures of them both Moo. For all the `cough` Veilside `cough` fans and all that. :lol: :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

I'd be up for that. Veilside fans being me and you then? :lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

On the right car a VS kit looks good :)

Return to “Member Profiles”