EMS Powered Boost Gauge - Issues

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Drifter

EMS Powered Boost Gauge - Issues

Post by Drifter »

After having this installed on my car for years, i'm still having issues and i can't put my finger on the problem.

Constantly getting crazy readings, -35psi > +30psi.

I've earthed all the connections together on the chassis, and even run an earth cable directly to the battery at the same point.

Pretty sure all the wires are correct way around. Switch works fine, and the boost gauge sometimes works as intended.

So best place to mount the pressure sensor? Have mine going from the inlet chamber to the charcoal canister at the moment.

Could i have boost leakage somewhere? Causing dodgy readings?
Drifter

Re: EMS Powered Boost Gauge - Issues

Post by Drifter »

Just T-Pieced into the Map sensor, well i think it's the map sensor anyway, right side of the Inlet chamber (looking at the engine bay)

Reset ambiance to zero, started her up and gauge is reading -16/-18 PSI which i guess is normal?
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Drifter wrote:Just T-Pieced into the Map sensor, well i think it's the map sensor anyway, right side of the Inlet chamber (looking at the engine bay)

Reset ambiance to zero, started her up and gauge is reading -16/-18 PSI which i guess is normal?

about -10psi is normal at idle :thumleft: i'd be tempted to source a new sender unit.
Drifter

Post by Drifter »

Still works! Well happy :D

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”