3sfe mods what can be done???

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nitric4k

3sfe mods what can be done???

Post by nitric4k »

I need more power!!! my mates just brought a red top calibra which comepletely leaves me standing... what can be done get about extra 20bhp on a 3sfe engine? anything or nothing?? i want a turbo but need wait for my insurance drop another 8 months :(
michael

Re: 3sfe mods what can be done???

Post by michael »

Make it lighter, uprated brakes, suspension and driver....
craig

Post by craig »

put a 3SGE engine in it?? they have about 40 bhp more as standard and I would imagine you could pick one up cheap?

Just an idea.... :-k

Craig
stevowaring

Post by stevowaring »

I would just grin and bear it for a while, then it a car that will blow him away rather than just keep up...

It's all about the looks on the NA anyway, not much you can do powerwise, so if you had to spend some money on your car (I know the feeling!) Then buy something to make it look better, maybe crystal/clear lights, or something for the interior.

Hope that helps

Stevo
DaMonsta

Post by DaMonsta »

robbrookes5 wrote:I need more power!!!

Then buy a more powerful car, lol.

No sense in paying out silly money to tune yours when it would be far more cost-effective to simply buy a more powerful model of car (if "power" is what turns you on).

Regards,
Jim
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

I'm the 3sfe mod master (i think) and so far I haven't found any quick fix solutions that work. (tubby afm's GE engine manifolds, throttle bodies air filters etc... just dont bother ](*,) )

The only thing I think may actually help is an airfilter, decat pipe on the zorst and a 50 shot on nitrous...

The engine isnt so bad.... i've just had mine round the track, its nice and torquey and suprised quite a few people that day!... \:D/ . with the tubby engine lid no-one could really tell the difference :P
ImageImage
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

Unfortunatly i cant mod my car as myn insurance is 1500 pound, belive it or not, high crime rate, im only 22, and i have zero no claims, so im kinda stuck, hence why i brought a nice car like a 2, but couldnt get a tubby or the faster na, as that was 2k to insure n they wouldnt do it on a tubby at all. 6 months till i get a no claims bonus... cant wait. and the down side is my 2 is only a weekend car, as im a van driver by day lol
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Just wait a few weeks until his blows up.... it is a vauxhall after all (i've had a red top cally and i would of thought the N/A mr2 would of been quicker)

Head gasket will go on that followed shortly by all sorts of electircal problems.......... there all the same just you wait and see...... a sensor here a sensor there.... a new this a new that....... There utter sh!te... suppose it could of been worse for him, he could of had an ECOTEC :shock:

Oh and as far as your insurance goes just go out buy a turbo 2 slap a ferrari bodykit on it, phone up your insurance company and class it as a kit car.... bobs your uncle 400 quid please sir for the year :D
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

redtops are 150 brake, my na is 119 :( i keep up, but cant get passed him... he had a calibra in the past. redtop again n that was always brakin, i think the head gasket has gone to be honest, he got oil in coolant, he snapped his engine mounts n can hardly get it in reverse... but he brought it because it looks like... Image

with some quality wheels which i like... Image
Goldy

Post by Goldy »

Its not all about power mate.... get on a track and you'll kick his a$$!!
heh

A mate of mine has a calibra turbo, it makes just over 200bhp, i've raced it and its a lot quicker than mine but he paid double what I paid for my 2, and his gearbox whines all the time real bad and his engine leaks oil all over the place....

That makes me feel better..

Since I bought my car I always felt it was missing some BHP but having been in a GE engined 2 and gone round a track in mine, I've realised its not so bad after all that..

You may have caught the tuning bug (longing for a few extra horses)..... tho even some of the guys with turbo's on here are longing for more....

So cut your losses, save your money for 'pimpin yo' ride mofo' :twisted:
ImageImage
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

well i brought a quick shift which is really quality i think it was the best thing i brought!!!! think i might do the crystal lights as they look great!!! soon as my MOT passes hopefully today!!!! wish me luck!!! ill buy some 17s off another owner from here then i got some real light spray in black so going do that too. long as it passes come on baby u can do it!!!

Return to “Modifications”