[Mk2] [Turbo] New mods - A work in progress (Picture Heavy!)

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] New mods - A work in progress (Picture Heavy!)

Post by toxo »

IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Moo

Post by Moo »

Ah, got you. Very nice bit of kit :)
ashley

Post by ashley »

Seems to work ok on my car :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Are your water temps lower than with the stock rad?
ashley

Post by ashley »

I'll be honest- I wasn't logging water temps when I was running the stock rad, but after I cracked my block I wanted to do everything I could to help improve cooling- which is when I put the mishimoto in and started data logging.

On my current setup the car holds steady at 85c all day long :thumleft:
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Yeah, I didnt actually want to know the full cost as it will just depress me as I know this project is going to bankrupt me... But I look at it this way, my business partner spent £48,000 on his E class brand new, its 7 years old now and its now worth £6000 :shock:

Im in no rush to complete this project and I will be doing a lot of the work myself so im sure Luke will do me proud.. Hoping I will be at JAE next year though.. :D

Really looking forward to seeing your beast in person. Really inspired me to do my build..

Are your wheels staggered? What sizes are your running?

I LOOOOVE my SSRs but they are like jewels and not to fond of pot holes if what im told is to be believed.. Going to be a xxxxxx to maintain.. But think they will be strictly for summer use..
Moo

Post by Moo »

A.BLAKE wrote:Are your wheels staggered? What sizes are your running?

Apologies, didn't spot your question. Yes, my wheel are staggered. 7J ET35 215x40x17 on the front and 8J ET35 235x40x17 on the rear. Rear wheels sit in a little, ET32 would have been a better fit.

Might as well update this thread while I'm here. Work has ceased for the time being, at my request, and the car will stay with Rogue over the winter to be completed sometime early next year ready for the nice weather. It would have been nice to get it back this year and it is tantalisingly close to being finished but after looking at it with a cold eye and taking into account the costs to finally get it back on the road (tax, MoT, insurance, mapping, labour for the remaining work etc) there didn't seem much point in spending all this money for a few weeks of fair weather driving before the car gets garaged for the winter anyway.

It's been almost 20 months to the day that I've been without my car and it's now likely to be around the 2 year mark before I get it back. It's been a roller coaster of a ride but along the way I've learned a lot about patience which was never one of my strong points :lol:

The journey continues....
ashley

Post by ashley »

:cry:

...actually sounds sensible mate, but a real shame. Sounds Like I might actaully have time to get my car ready to give you a ride when you map afterall :lol:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I admire your patience and perseverance Paul. You'll get the car you deserve in the end and everyone will look on in envy :D
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Look forward to seeing it all shiny and lovely in the spring fella....

R.
wilkie senior
IMOC Moderator

Post by wilkie senior »

Just found this detail is amazing super impressed

fantastic work being carried out

:thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Thought it time to blow the dust off this thread and post an update. Because there is one :)

Rogue have been working on the car again and it's pretty much good to go. The engine is running and all seems ok so far. Just a few odds and ends to finish up then it's off for MoT and mapping.

Hopefully all with go smoothly from here on in and that being the case I will have my car back in the next few weeks :)
ashley

Post by ashley »

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Moo

Post by Moo »

ashley wrote:\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Indeed. After nearly 2 years and 3 months of being without, MR2 ownership, and driving a fast car in general, is a dim and distant memory but maybe, just maybe, this will all go according to plan and I will actually have my car back in a few weeks time :pray:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

This is awesome! I'm so glad you managed to persist with it and get it to where it is :thumleft:

Really happy for you Paul \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Moo

Post by Moo »

Thanks Phil. Looked a bit bleak around Christmas time where I amost had to get shot of it but hung in there and pleased to say it's all back on track now. On that note, just want to say a public thanks to Ashley for all the advice and support behind the scenes and for helping me keep it all in perspective. Might otherwise have made a rash decision which I would totally be regretting now. Cheers mate :thumleft: 8)

Haven't been round the forum for quite a few months but been playing catch up for the past few days and nice to see the Mule is going strong and looking good :thumleft:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Print this off Ashley and wear with pride :)

Excited to see the car finished finally. With it's world's cleanest engine bay and all that :wink:
ashley

Post by ashley »

:lol: :lol:

You're more than welcome Paul- can't wait to see you rollin' out of the garage in this bad boy :mrgreen:

Return to “Modifications”