Donato's Track Rev3

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Donato

Re: Donato's Track Rev3

Post by Donato »

The ferry for the eurotrip trip has been booked! :mrgreen:

Dover - Calais on the 21st July
Calais - Dover on the 3rd August

I'll be travelling through France, Switzerland (Staying the Night) and then into Italy.

Just need to get my ass in to gear and get me to-do-list done!

Fresh MOT Done
Alignment Done
Exhaust Silencer Done
New Toyo T1R Tyres Done

Also, Non car related preparation.
I need to order a couple of things that need to be done;

Book Return Ferry Done
2x Breathaliser Done
2x Hi Vis Jackets Done
Spare Bulb Kit Done
Swiss Motorway Toll Pass Done
European Breakdown Cover Done
Last edited by Donato on Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Nice project dude. I didn't realise who you were until I got to you buying the Sparco seat

Car looks and sounds great :thumleft:
Donato

Post by Donato »

vinp182 wrote:Nice project dude. I didn't realise who you were until I got to you buying the Sparco seat

Car looks and sounds great :thumleft:

No worries.

Cheers!! :mrgreen:
humdigadi

Post by humdigadi »

I'd be interested to see who you get your European breakdown cover with. I've been trying for a European trip I'm doing next month but I can't get any for less that £50 and even then the cover isn't brilliant. Most won't do it becasue of the age of the car (mines a '92).

And it's highly likely I'll need it because compared to yours, mine is a completed shed! Only purchased it a couple of months ago for £500 so I'm taking a gamble! It is for charity though, 3000 miles in four days!
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

humdigadi wrote:I'd be interested to see who you get your European breakdown cover with. I've been trying for a European trip I'm doing next month but I can't get any for less that £50 and even then the cover isn't brilliant. Most won't do it becasue of the age of the car (mines a '92).

And it's highly likely I'll need it because compared to yours, mine is a completed shed! Only purchased it a couple of months ago for £500 so I'm taking a gamble! It is for charity though, 3000 miles in four days!

Try ADAC. And you've got no chance at £50 or less.
humdigadi

Post by humdigadi »

Ok, thanks for the reality check Pete!

I wouldn't mind paying 50 quid if the cover was any good. Most of them will only pay for an hours labour then buttons if you need a hire car or hotel.
Donato

Post by Donato »

humdigadi wrote:I'd be interested to see who you get your European breakdown cover with. I've been trying for a European trip I'm doing next month but I can't get any for less that £50 and even then the cover isn't brilliant. Most won't do it becasue of the age of the car (mines a '92)

My dad managed to get cover on his Porsche 928 S4 for £60. But i'm not insured with them so i won't be able to get it for that price. I'll be giving ADAC a shot and see what price they give me.
I'm with AA at the moment, for UK cover, and to add European cover they want another £150!! :shock:

humdigadi wrote:And it's highly likely I'll need it because compared to yours, mine is a completed shed! Only purchased it a couple of months ago for £500 so I'm taking a gamble! It is for charity though, 3000 miles in four days!

I should roughly be doing 4000 miles in 2 weeks. That's through England, France, Switzerland and Italy. Then wherever else i fancy going whilst i'm there. I think the Amalfi coast will be on the cards :mrgreen:
synXero

Post by synXero »

Aviva include Euro insurance FOC :thumleft:
Donato

Post by Donato »

After giving my car a wash the other day, it started to develop a misfire. Only in the wet however. So, after speaking to Peter @ Sbits figured out that it could possibly be the dizzy cap and rotor and the main lead coming off the cap (after electrocuting myself). So i ordered up some genuine parts from Toyota and that has cure the problem. Happy Days :mrgreen:
Donato

Post by Donato »

After having issues with my HSD's being abit too stiff for the road, and not handling how i have wanted them too. I've bought softer springs from Faulkners. 5KG front and 8KG rear to replace the 6KG front and 8KG rear. This massively improved the comfort side of things, but i think the damping is overly damped. Still not to my liking.

So after umming and arrring, I've sold the HSD's onto a friend for stupidly cheap price ](*,) in order to get some MeisterR Zeta-R coilovers. I've done a fair bit of research, and from what i can gather they seem to be more suited to what i want from them. They will also be able to withstand the cobbled European roads more.

If these don't solve my problem, i'm giving up :-k
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Nice car! Like the steering wheel!
Donato

Post by Donato »

Just a quick update as to where i am with things.

MeisterR coilovers arrived. These were fitted the night i got them and the night before it's MOT :roll:
They made a massive difference, more road handling and 'touge' like handling.

Car went through it's MOT @ Toyota. Had a couple of advisories; loud exhaust, some rust and the facet that the brake pipes weren't connected to the shock absorbers properly. New clips were ordered for the brake lines and that's that issue sorted. Loud exhaust issue will be sorted shortly.

All the rot and contamination was removed and replaces with galvanized metal to try and stop the rust returning :D

Took the old man a good 8 hours to do just that little bit, but you can't tell that there was ever rust there (except for the now black sill)
Donato

Post by Donato »

Onto the rear exhaust replacement. I have;
1x rear back box
1x de-cat pipe

I need to source a down-pipe from somewhere as it's just recently developed a blow from the flexi joint and probably won't last long at all.

I've also purchased a few cheeky parts too. I went to Japfest not long ago and bought a Carbon-Fibre D1 Spec snap-off boss. I've also bought a couple of things from artyhook on here, TRD lightened flywheel (ready for when i replace my clutch) and also a TRD coolant cap.
Also bought a Carbon-Fibre rear panel for a bit of a bargain too. Had to create my own mounts for it though.

Also removed the rear fog light whilst i was tinkering with the rear. Always thought it was a bit naff :lol:

I have a set of Rev5 wheels in the bodyshop beying re-sprayed also.
Donato

Post by Donato »

Just so you guys know where i want to head with this; Recently i've become a massive of Japanese tuning and styling, a lot of being based on low resolution touge videos and photos. :lol:

These photos will play some inspiration. A lot of the aero looks for track / touge.

iain2010

Post by iain2010 »

Nice project. Good work with the rust issues.

Great choice on the Meister R's. I had these on the Integra and they are fantastic. For price there is nothing that comes close!
Donato

Post by Donato »

cupra curn wrote:Nice project. Good work with the rust issues.

Great choice on the Meister R's. I had these on the Integra and they are fantastic. For price there is nothing that comes close!

Cheers :mrgreen:

Over the moon with the coilovers. Not too much stiffer than stock but stop all the body roll there is
Donato

Post by Donato »

Just a couple of things i've bought recently:

MR2 Performance magazine:

TRD Lightened flywheel and pressure plate
TRD Coolant Cap

Also a Cusco Brake Master Cylinder Stopper

Also have more progress on the eurotrip prep. Exhaust has been swapped for a standard one with a de-cat, breakdown cover purchased and i've got all necessary bits to be legal abroad :mrgreen:

Manhoolee2000

Post by Manhoolee2000 »

im doing a same build !
Need to get your self a lsd!
makes a massive you'll love it But in mind for bearings for the gearbox when doing the lsd! they brake lol! costing me £120 in bearing and parts for the rebuild and installation of kaaz 1.5 way
Donato

Post by Donato »

Manhoolee2000 wrote:im doing a same build !
Need to get your self a lsd!
makes a massive you'll love it But in mind for bearings for the gearbox when doing the lsd! they brake lol! costing me £120 in bearing and parts for the rebuild and installation of kaaz 1.5 way

I do really want one! But the car needs money throwing at it in other departments before i can spend ludacris amounts on an LSD :lol:
Donato

Post by Donato »

For anyone that is interested in the spec list of the car. It can be found in the 'Garage'

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/garage.php ... e&CID=4353

Return to “Member Profiles”