v6 or turbo

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chrissyboy24

Re: v6 or turbo

Post by chrissyboy24 »

What’s behind you doesn’t matter. – Enzo Ferrari
Shifty6Speed

Post by Shifty6Speed »

But you'll be washing it every 10 miles haha!!! Like me, Ooooo a garage with a jet wash, better give it quick rinse before i carry on! Done that twice with my 2 today already... 20mpg for blistering performance is pretty bearable (and i'm far from well off atm!) but i've done about 140 miles in the last two days, i had a full tank when i started and i've now got just over a 1/2 and that's in my Rev 5 N/A... it's mostly been country roads and around towns though so not the most economical, but i'm hoping i get a sh*t load more miles out of a full tank on a long motorway run! I'm sure all of my old 2's were a bit better on fuel, but i may have just been driving around less and more economically than of late :-D

Like earlier today... I suppose a shade under 90mph in 3rd is going to sip the juice a touch faster than changing at around 4-5 grand lol... :mrgreen: :thumleft:
blue2

Post by blue2 »

On the fuel economy point, if you want to get good mileage then just drive round town in 5th gear. It will pull comfortably at 20mph in 5th. But having said that no one gets a V6 conversion for fuel economy. Its for the power and the noise. :twisted:
Shifty6Speed

Post by Shifty6Speed »

blue2 wrote:On the fuel economy point, if you want to get good mileage then just drive round town in 5th gear. It will pull comfortably at 20mph in 5th. But having said that no one gets a V6 conversion for fuel economy. Its for the power and the noise. :twisted:

Which is exactly why i want to win the lottery, so i can drop a 3.0 or 3.5 V6 in it! Perfect car for it too... Of course if someone should develop an engine of that capacity with no power compromise which does 1.5 diesel kind of mpg, i wouldn't complain :-D
chrissyboy24

Post by chrissyboy24 »

its ok i will win the euro tomorrow hahahaha i WISH!!!!!i would love to do the v6 conversion but im from london and wood sport is a bit far and i don't have the time so i said xxxx it skyline or a naughty mr2 \:D/ oh and do what i do fill the tank up and forget to pay 8-[ i'm joking i dont do that :mrgreen:
Shifty6Speed

Post by Shifty6Speed »

chrissyboy24 wrote:its ok i will win the euro tomorrow hahahaha i WISH!!!!!i would love to do the v6 conversion but im from london and wood sport is a bit far and i don't have the time so i said xxxx it skyline or a naughty mr2 \:D/ oh and do what i do fill the tank up and forget to pay 8-[ i'm joking i dont do that :mrgreen:

Hahaha yeah, i've met a few people who "don't do that" :whistle: :mrgreen:

Still, Pacific Works are close to you and they do all things 2ish so it might be worth sounding them out for a conversion! A turbo might go like holy f*ck sh*g but it'll never sound the same or put out the same torque at near standard :-D
chrissyboy24

Post by chrissyboy24 »

thanks man i looked them up just a hour drive :thumleft: so i save a little more and then i go from there i'm still going for the skyline at the mo :twisted: but who no thanks for all your help :D
Shifty6Speed

Post by Shifty6Speed »

chrissyboy24 wrote:thanks man i looked them up just a hour drive :thumleft: so i save a little more and then i go from there i'm still going for the skyline at the mo :twisted: but who no thanks for all your help :D

Nay worries fella! If i had enough money for a decent example. i'd love another R33! Enjoy whatever you get anyway :)
chrissyboy24

Post by chrissyboy24 »

just a update

i have got a skyline r33 :mrgreen: getting it this weekend i can't wait.

still got my mr2 tho 8)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”