Can anyone help me with the Blitz DSBC?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2 Rich

Can anyone help me with the Blitz DSBC?

Post by MR2 Rich »

After a late night at Peters on tuesday everything on my car is running spot on (I can't thank Peter enough for all his help :thumleft: ).

Until now I have just had the Blitz boost controller switched off but I have had a go at setting it, but I am getting a bit lost with what I should set the values to. I was hitting fuel cut off when I gave it full throttle last night, so I would like to set it up so that it is boosting nicely but not overboosting.

What does everyone set the values to on their Blitz on a Rev3 Turbo?

I have set the kg/cm Boost limiter (the red screen) value to 1.00kg/cm for now which I think is a bit low but just want to start low and increase when I know it is happy with it.

There is also another setting on the red warning screen that has a value set to -30 from memory, I haven't altered this it was just how it was when I got it. Should I change it or is that right?

I have then gone through the 1,2,3,4 boost settings and set them to 20, 30, 40 and 50 to see which one is the best. Is that a good way of doing it or are those values no good?

There is also a hkPa value that is at 0.00 with the ignition on but the car off, I am guessing when the car is on this will show a value because I can't change the 0.00 value?

I have no idea what to set the C and P values to, I think from memory they are both on 0 which I haven't changed is that right?

Any help on setting this up is much appreciated. I have instructions for the boost controller but all the values relate to a different set-up (3000GT) so I am a bit lost to what values should be.

Thanks Rich :thumleft:
No 2 :(
juliankv73

Re: Can anyone help me with the Blitz DSBC?

Post by juliankv73 »

Ask Peter IIRC he set up a few inc Simons!! :-k
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

juliankv73 wrote:Ask Peter IIRC he set up a few inc Simons!! :-k

Thanks Julian!

Rich. The DSBC is easy to setup once you get your head round the way it works. I'll give you a call tomorrow and we can go though it. PM me if you need a user manual.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Thanks Julian.

Cheers Peter, I have got the hand of changing the settings, I have just got no idea what the settings should be due to having a manual for a Mitsubishi 3000GT. :thumleft:
badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

on mine 1.15 bar is 54ish (cant remember off the top of my head, just a vase of raising the value and checking what the boost is. then adjust if necessary :)
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Have just been out for a drive and setup of the Blitz.

I have set the red warn values to 1.20kg/cm and the other value to -25 and then I have set the value on the 4th setting (haven't setup 1,2 or 3 up) to 48 and it seems to respond nicely and doesn't hit the fuel cut out at any point.

Do these values seem to be ok for a Rev3 turbo?

Cheers Rich :thumleft:
badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

Sounds about right mate :thumleft:
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

badgerbob wrote:Sounds about right mate :thumleft:

That's good to hear.

Cheers Bob :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”