Where have all the Turbos gone?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2 Rich

Re: Where have all the Turbos gone?

Post by MR2 Rich »

RedMR² wrote:
MR2 Rich wrote:Think I hate cleaning my house more though :mrgreen:

I prefer cleaning my house to my car, although I prefer to be a slob and drink beer :lol:

Got the house to clean tomorrow. :roll:

Unlucky I did my annual clean yesterday :lol:
No 2 :(
craig

Post by craig »

Agree totally, I'd rather drive the car than spend ages cleaning it! :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

MR2 Rich wrote:
RedMR² wrote:
MR2 Rich wrote:Think I hate cleaning my house more though :mrgreen:

I prefer cleaning my house to my car, although I prefer to be a slob and drink beer :lol:

Annual!! tut tut! :lol:
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

RedMR² wrote:
MR2 Rich wrote:
RedMR² wrote:

Annual!! tut tut! :lol:

I wish! Having a black dog thats purpose in life is to put black dog hair over everything means I have to vac twice a week. :mrgreen:
craig

Post by craig »

I have a Persian cat that likes to do the same thing. :lol:
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

white dog here, car cleaning is for when you are totally bored
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Probably very late for this one and probably repeating but think it's a combination of good cars getting rare and not being put on the market for the pennies they'll fetch compared to investments made and very sadly too many cars being broken to recoup that same investment. Thus the general market left with shutters as you say.

I've had moments of weakness but when seeing the money offers out there, not a chance given the blood, sweat and tears involved in mine.

......then I put my put down and all is right with the world again. Hallelujah!
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:Probably very late for this one and probably repeating but think it's a combination of good cars getting rare and not being put on the market for the pennies they'll fetch compared to investments made and very sadly too many cars being broken to recoup that same investment. Thus the general market left with shutters as you say.

I've had moments of weakness but when seeing the money offers out there, not a chance given the blood, sweat and tears involved in mine.

......then I put my put down and all is right with the world again. Hallelujah!

Yeah I would definitely agree there aren't that many good ones for sale and it is a shame that they are worth a lot more in bits. I think I've been quite lucky to find mine in the colour I wanted and in good condition so quickly after I started looking :thumleft:
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

I have given the interior a good clean today, took the seats out and cleaned and hoovered the entire interior.
I noticed that the 2 compartments behind the seats are different, the drivers side has a plastic compartment tray but the passenger is just bare with nothing other than the floor of the car, is it meant to have a tray like the drivers side?

Thanks Rich

:thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

The passenger side compartment behind the seat would normally house a subwoofer (where fitted - spec etc) Mine is 94 Rev3 GTS and has never had a sub in there, and like yours, is just the floor of the car.

Tray on drivers side.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

RedMR² wrote:The passenger side compartment behind the seat would normally house a subwoofer (where fitted - spec etc) Mine is 94 Rev3 GTS and has never had a sub in there, and like yours, is just the floor of the car.

Tray on drivers side.

Thanks Red, my Rev2 NA has the 2 subwoofers behind the seats so I wasn't sure, I might check if the drivers side tray fits the passenger side. :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

MR2 Rich wrote:
RedMR² wrote:The passenger side compartment behind the seat would normally house a subwoofer (where fitted - spec etc) Mine is 94 Rev3 GTS and has never had a sub in there, and like yours, is just the floor of the car.

Tray on drivers side.

Thanks Red, my Rev2 NA has the 2 subwoofers behind the seats so I wasn't sure, I might check if the drivers side tray fits the passenger side. :thumleft:

Let me know if it does mate! As I'll get a tray for the other side. Mine doesn't have the active sound system being a GTS. It's the GT that had all the toys.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

RedMR² wrote:
MR2 Rich wrote:

Tray on drivers side.

Let me know if it does mate! As I'll get a tray for the other side. Mine doesn't have the active sound system being a GTS. It's the GT that had all the toys.

That is odd you say that because on the toyodiy and the extras my car tells me it is a GT but it doesn't have the active speakers.
craig

Post by craig »

MR2 Rich wrote:
RedMR² wrote:
MR2 Rich wrote:

That is odd you say that because on the toyodiy and the extras my car tells me it is a GT but it doesn't have the active speakers.

Could have been removed? :-k

Is there plug connectors for the subs?
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

No connectors I can see, is there anyway of 100% confirming if my car came out the factory as a GT or a GTS? :thumleft:
craig

Post by craig »

GT:

Steering fogs
Suede/leather seats and door cards
GT badge on boot :wink:
Active sound system
Retracting mirrors

MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

RedMR² wrote:GT:

Steering fogs
Suede/leather seats and door cards
GT badge on boot :wink:
Active sound system
Retracting mirrors

Haven't checked steering fogs.
Has got half leather half suede seats.
No badge on the back but hasn't got a Mr2 badge either.
No active sound system.
Has got electric retracting mirrors.

Doesn't the GT have thicker/nicer carpets or have I got that wrong?

dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Has yours got the interior courtesy lights in the footwells.

I don't think the gts had these. Who knows ?
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Don't think so, have got the red lights on the doors. Will have a look in the morning.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

The problem you see sometimes is that people wanted a certain marque then adjusted the options as they came out of the showroom. For instnace, the GTS was aimed at the trackday people leaving off the mod-cons that would be torn out immediately. To keep the kudos, they were bought but then you found some would have all the 'GT' options added in.

Some GT cars would also have had their options list adjusted though its rarer to see GT cars tampered with as the options are all quite useful. Seen lots of GTS cars with bits the base car didnt have.

B

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”