Back in another MR2 - Hi everyone

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

Re: Back in another MR2 - Hi everyone

Post by Magic Beans »

You might want to line the inside edge of it, as it'll ruin your lovely new paint if left unchecked. :thumleft:

Rear visibility is great isn't it :lol:

Great for bay temps though :)
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Yeah i did see your build thread where you used some sort of window/door foam?? I will need to do this as its already caused a tiny scrape from test fitting, nothing that cant be fixed up tho :roll:

Visibility is rather poor but this isnt my daily driver so all practicality goes straight out of the window :thumleft:

Will be interesting to see about those temps but as your running a monster under yours i'll take your word for it!

Never seen another of these fitted apart from pics on google and yours of course but i thinks its the dogs doodaa's \:D/
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

I used the foam strip you can get as a draft excluder etc. Worked well for a while but has dropped off now, so need to find something better or just reapply it :wink:

They're certainly a different look and not to everyone's taste, especially if you've not seem one in the flesh. In person though I think they look great. :)
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

So where am i at with this build, not really got a while lot further but then i dont really have too far to go :pray:

Couple of nice days over the past few weeks have seen the dials fitted calibrated and working correctly, a road test suggests they work very well. Very easy to read and so far no problems with glare from the sun etc. The fuel gauge has been set up via giving it an input signal when the tanks empty and then when full, the gauge then remembers the ohm difference from the fuel level sender unit and calibrates itself accordingly.

the water temp is now plumbed in via a water temp gauge adaptor coming from the hose in the engine bay, the hose outta the engine to the rad. This is now working correctly, had to re-bleed the system which was a lesson in its self! Temps holding nicely now though

The speedo has a signal from the ecu/gearbox the purple wire on the middle plug behind the cluster. I just set the gauge to KMPH entered the calibration mode and drove a few K's until it read data stored, then it reset itself and read my speed in KMPH, a quick press of the settings button converts that to MPH.....Simples!

They Volt meter gauge is reading correctly now, found out my alternator had seized due to being stored, so spent half a day swapping that out for a re-con'd unit, new battery and bingo +14V all day long on the gauge, no more bump starts \:D/

The Oil pressure gauge is wired into a Greddy oil sandwhich plate with attached oil pressure sender, this is working correctly, whilst i was down there i also installed a oil temp sensor but that is for future plans when i install an oil temp gauge, just put it in so its ready to go and saves getting covered in oil at a later date

Also took delivery of a set of TRD 22mm ARB's so set about getting them put on, the old ones were looking tatty but the bushes were shot

Fitting these was a doodle and all the horror stories of fitting the rear is non-sense, yes it is a little restricted under there and i removed my exhaust to gain better access but it needed a polish anyway. So thats a full set of polybushes to all suspension arms, trd ARB's polybushed and the tein's. Am expecting it to feel a little different on the road when i get to take her out next :thumleft:
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Ps started on the colour sanding, buff and polish......sneak peek

After 1500 and 2000 grit paper

After a buff and polish

Bonnet before

1500 grit wet paper

2000 grit paper

After buff and polish

ITS GONNA LOOK SWEET :lol:
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Whilst i've a spare few mins i might aswell mention that the rest of the interior is coming along nicely, now have a pair of Cobra Imola 2 buckets fitted on cobra side mounts welded to standard seat rails }(cheers Clive)

A new steering wheel (thanks CARDHORE), black with red stitch and a momo boss

Also have the lights wired up correctly with the DRL sidelight replacements/Indicators dimming when the headlights are switched on. These are wired to come on with the ignition and dim when main or full beam is switched on, they also double up as the front indicators. Not a fan of DRL's on older cars but i think i pulled this one off 8)

Also the Raybrigg fogs looks spot on tucked away in the border recesses

Oh and couldnt help have a picture of my new rear view

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Welcome to the world of zero rear visibility :lol:

Great updates. Love the paint work you've done :clap:

I'd love to see a video of the dash once it's fully sorted :thumleft:

Return to “Member Profiles”