Modified supra intake manifold

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

JJ

Re: Modified supra intake manifold

Post by JJ »

I thought the leather trousered hasslehoff look was out these days

Maybe where you live !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I was actually thinking about pammy sat next to me, she might break a sweat ! :shock: Whooose yer ! :lol:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
stevecordiner

Post by stevecordiner »

Mmmmm ... pammy - muff said ... errm I mean nuff said :lol:
Small turbos - they're not big and they're not clever!

Just say NO to small turbos!
Fonzy

Post by Fonzy »

:lol: nice one JJ well worth the exercise then! i mean the rad thing not pammy! :lol: i guess the air con rad could really work then? id be tempted to use soemthing a little thicker though, combined with and nice whole in the wall between the rad and the front boot space and a vented bonnet it could produce whopping results!
JJ

Post by JJ »

Air con rad.. not really worth using IMO... its designed to create a restriction in gas ( air con ) so the flow through it is limited.. thus creating back pressure on the way in... if you follow what i'm saying.

Dont' get me wrong, the cooling ability it probably tops with the area its trawls across, but ridding of the heated coolant from the CC tank, might be creating unecessary load on the pump motor = short lived.

I'm trying to sort out a custom radiator for the front of the air con - for those that want to retain their air con units... but I simply havent had time :oops:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Fonzy

Post by Fonzy »

hhhmmm now you mention it i remember a conversation we had almost 2 years ago now along the same line hence trying to highlight this to others, i hope you managed to put others off using the aircon rad now!
Fonzy
Jimbob

Post by Jimbob »

Will be cheaper than theirs. Theirs is £375ish at the current excahnge rate then you've got shipping, then VAT and import tax.

Ours would be a heck of a lot cheaper.

As I've said before if anyones going to the curry night in chelmsford a DP will be in the car (not fitted) for a viewing. I have to say I think it's better than Ozzies, but then i'm biased! :wink:

I'll be setting up a group buy for Downpipes at £160 a piece for a group of 5 soon.

Inlet manifolds would be about £250-350 depending on machining costs. Just be patient, its coming!

Cheers,

James
steve b

Post by steve b »

Jimbob wrote:Will be cheaper than theirs. Theirs is £375ish at the current excahnge rate then you've got shipping, then VAT and import tax.

Ours would be a heck of a lot cheaper.

As I've said before if anyones going to the curry night in chelmsford a DP will be in the car (not fitted) for a viewing. I have to say I think it's better than Ozzies, but then i'm biased! :wink:

I'll be setting up a group buy for Downpipes at £160 a piece for a group of 5 soon.

Inlet manifolds would be about £250-350 depending on machining costs. Just be patient, its coming!

Cheers,

James

Put me down as part of the downpipe group buy :D
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
TBDevelopments

Post by TBDevelopments »

LOL

yeah this idea was in a 200sx. there air con rad is massive and the aircon is broke anyway. lol So thought i might as well use the aircon rad.

Can anyone see a problem with this, in theory i can't forsee a problem. Nothing lost even if it doesn't work that well.

Tim
xxxx

Return to “Modifications”