Abflug wide arches group buy

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

CalMac

Abflug wide arches group buy

Post by CalMac »

I've been speaking to Ben (Carbenfibre Creations) about these arch extensions, and he is thinking that a slight reduction on the £160 current price may be possible if I can organise a group buy!

Anybody interested? :D
ashley

Re: Abflug wide arches group buy

Post by ashley »

How much of a reduction?
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

ashman wrote:How much of a reduction?

I have a set if you need some.
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
ashley

Post by ashley »

Very tempted...would fit well with my potential plans for next winter when I'll be needing substantially wider rear wheels, I'll drop you a message Bob :thumleft:
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Hmmm, could be tempeted I'll keep an eye on this thread
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

i could be tempted as well, what offsets and spacers are required to make the wheels sit nice though?? i do like the look but it's a bit more work (to get the car in a nice stance) than just popping them on, also, the Abflug arches are designed to fit with the rest of the abflug kit, is he gonna make them so they look ok on a standard car??

EDIT:either way i'm very interested :thumleft:
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

sheppy wrote:i could be tempted as well, what offsets and spacers are required to make the wheels sit nice though?? i do like the look but it's a bit more work (to get the car in a nice stance) than just popping them on, also, the Abflug arches are designed to fit with the rest of the abflug kit, is he gonna make them so they look ok on a standard car??

Good point, be good to know if it will fit without the rest of the kit!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

aj.extreme wrote:
sheppy wrote:i could be tempted as well, what offsets and spacers are required to make the wheels sit nice though?? i do like the look but it's a bit more work (to get the car in a nice stance) than just popping them on, also, the Abflug arches are designed to fit with the rest of the abflug kit, is he gonna make them so they look ok on a standard car??

Good point, be good to know if it will fit without the rest of the kit!

would be nice to have them fit to a standard car without the abflug kit :thumleft:
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

New offset wheels yes but no spacers please, we do not like bodgers on this site [-X :D
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

bobhatton wrote:

New offset wheels yes but no spacers please, we do not like bodgers on this site [-X :D

haha, place is heaving with them Bob!!!
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

I have a black turbo in with a full abflug kit, wide rotas. Looks strong!
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Skywalker wrote:I have a black turbo in with a full abflug kit, wide rotas. Looks strong!

they do look good, just maybe a bit over the top for my tastes, would be nice to have arches that suited the car in standard form.
ian`s 2

Post by ian`s 2 »

im very interested if the price is right :thumleft:
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Ok, sounds like 5 of us are interested already then! I have just PM'd Ben asking what sort of quantity he's looking to shift for a group buy and how much of a discount we'll be looking at.

AFAIK, they add c. 50mm rear and 30mm front - I also assume that the surrounds can be trimmed to suit the lines of the car or blended into existing kits. I've got Border bumper, PP spats and Tom's skirts ready to go on as soon as I sort these arches so plenty of work to do :lol:

I'm hoping to be running a similar setup to Magic Beans with 18x8.5J et25 up front and 18x10J et25 rears - which sits very nicely with the arches. I would rather be running 17s but they seem very rare in these sizes.

The listing on ebay by Banned trader (great guy btw, have had parts off him recently) states :

'The perfect wheel sizes for the kit are:

front - 9.5wide, 25 ET, 18 inch, 60.1 hub diameter, 114.3 by 5

rear - 12wide, 12 ET, 18 inch, 60.1 hub diameter, 114.3 by 5'

I'll keep you all posted :thumleft:
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

what's he gonna do about the notches in the arches?? there's spaces in them so the rest of the abflug kit fits :-k
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

Hadn't even noticed tbh! Probably a bit of bodyshop expertise necessary there :lol:

My paint guy reckons he'll most likely smooth the arches on so I'm guessing he'll probably fill the rivet holes too..
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

Mr.Two wrote:Hadn't even noticed tbh! Probably a bit of bodyshop expertise necessary there :lol:

My paint guy reckons he'll most likely smooth the arches on so I'm guessing he'll probably fill the rivet holes too..

ah nooooo, i love the rivet holes!

what i mean is, are we gonna get arches that still have the gaps in them?? or can ben make sets that don't have them??
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

I may also be interested

Can these be trimmed down to whatever width you want like the woodsport ones? http://www.woodsport.org/joomla/index.php/bodywork
CalMac

Post by CalMac »

haha I'll tell him to leave them well alone then! ;)

I'll ask Ben when he gets back to me about the prices mate, although I think it might be a big ask if it involves making new moulds etc.
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

it's cool, found out a bit more about them, they will sit fine on a standard car :thumleft: :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”