Ebay alloy radiator and twin fans/shroud

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Re: Ebay alloy radiator and twin fans/shroud

Post by craig »

tsango wrote:
RedMR² wrote:I've opted for the combo as shown in the 2 links in my original post.

This is the set up I have Craig although cannot comment yet as Peter is in the process of fitting it.

Gotta be a good choice though :thumleft:

Yeah, looks a nice piece of kit! Gotta be better than the 19 year old rad and fans that are on there, not to mention the weight saving! :thumleft:
asdrewq

Post by asdrewq »

Do the OEM dual fans bolt straight up to these? I was intending to renew mine but heard of various fitment issues with these alloy rads.
uglee

Post by uglee »

I have an ebay alloy shroud and double fan setup behind my PWR radiator and it's absolutely fine. Fit was decent enough and the fans are very quiet too :thumleft:
Torero

Post by Torero »

asdrewq wrote:Do the OEM dual fans bolt straight up to these? I was intending to renew mine but heard of various fitment issues with these alloy rads.

No mate you need the slimline shroud and fans as shown in the first post. #-o

Worth changing though, as Lee said they are VERY quiet and the OEM dual fans weigh more than the alloy rad and shroud put together. :D
3VZ-FE V6 TRD Widebody Replica

Draven wrote "TRD dude. TRD... Can see awesomness from anywhere. "

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0
craig

Post by craig »

Even if they did fit, I wouldn't have 20 year old manky fans attached to a brand new alloy radiator! Gotta have the full works! :D
Harold

Post by Harold »

How easy is it to install these with the air con rad in place? Definitely don't want to lose AC.
tsango

Post by tsango »

RedMR² wrote:Even if they did fit, I wouldn't have 20 year old manky fans attached to a brand new alloy radiator! Gotta have the full works! :D

Yeah, that is a must...!!!
craig

Post by craig »

tsango wrote:
RedMR² wrote:Even if they did fit, I wouldn't have 20 year old manky fans attached to a brand new alloy radiator! Gotta have the full works! :D

Yeah, that is a must...!!!

Exactly. Air con rad is also being binned (or removed in pieces :lol:) to allow better flow through the rad :thumleft:
man-in-the-box

Post by man-in-the-box »

just fitted one of these to my rev3 n/a. Must say it's a really good fit and seems to be manufactured quite well.

however, and there's always a but... there's nowhere to attach a hose to the bleed valve on the top of the rad. As such, it's making it a pain in the ar$e to bleed all the air out of the system.

I was thinking about jacking up the rear of the car, so any trapped air should escape through the filler neck as it's the highest point in the system???
Harold

Post by Harold »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
thomp1983 wrote:with the rad check that it has the nipple on the bleed valve for attaching the clear hose to when bleeding the system, the one on my rev 3 doesn't and has made it a pain to bleed after my engine conversion

chris

Just jack the back of the car up. I've not used a hose on the rad. for years.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”