Opinions on breaking a car?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2 Rich

Opinions on breaking a car?

Post by MR2 Rich »

I keep seeing MR2's come up for sale at very reasonable prices on eBay, as I need a few bits for my car I keep getting tempted to get another one. I need a few colour specific parts and a few other bits but obviously there will be a lot more stuff to come off it. I have the space to keep the car a few months at least and then would have the shell taken away with what's left. I'm not doing this to make money I just want to get the parts for my car and help a few other out with parts.

Does this sound like a good idea or will it be hard to shift parts for a turquoise rev2 Mr2?
No 2 :(
Johnr32

Re: Opinions on breaking a car?

Post by Johnr32 »

Nothing wrong with it if you can get it for a bargain! Not too sure about how hard it is to shift parts tbh.
Last edited by Johnr32 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j0ns

Post by j0ns »

I got rid of almost an entire Rev 1 Turbo in about 3 months, and made a lot more than I would of gotten whole for the car.

So definitely worth doing in my opinion, don't see anything wrong with sacrificing one car to make a few more last longer, especially considering how poor the market is at the moment.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Thanks for the replies. The one I'm looking at is a tintop and mines a tbar, one of the things I want off it is the drivers door. Are the doors the same for tbar and tintops? :thumleft:
j0ns

Post by j0ns »

MR2 Rich wrote:Are the doors the same for tbar and tintops? :thumleft:

Yep :thumleft:
synXero

Post by synXero »

Is it that aquamarine pearl colour? I know a friend whos just had some bodywork issues with his and would doubtless be in for a few pieces of it!
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

I think so mate. It's this colour;

TheBaker

Post by TheBaker »

Yep, turquoise pearl same as mine.

Just had an incident with mine: Cracked windscreen, damaged cowl, damaged bonnet catch, damaged bonnet...

So will be putting it up for Spares n Repairs(not on here)

If you're interested let me know, there a few other issues with it so depends on what parts you need, overall it's about a 5/10 condition.

Cheers.
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

TheBaker wrote:Yep, turquoise pearl same as mine.

Just had an incident with mine: Cracked windscreen, damaged cowl, damaged bonnet catch, damaged bonnet...

So will be putting it up for Spares n Repairs(not on here)

If you're interested let me know, there a few other issues with it so depends on what parts you need, overall it's about a 5/10 condition.

Cheers.

Cheers for the offer but you're about 200 miles away and it's just a bit too far. Thanks for the offer anyway :thumleft:
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

as someone who has broken loads of mr2's and bought cars just for certain parts - so getting them for free really i would definately recommend this way to getting free or very cheap parts for your own car if you are prepared to spend some time doing it
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

Sounds good Jason. I'm gonna wait until the weather clears a bit, there just seems to be loads of the aquamarine cars for sale ATM. ](*,)

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”