[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev1 to rev3 ecu conversion

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chaos19810

[Mk2] [Turbo] Rev1 to rev3 ecu conversion

Post by chaos19810 »

I have been converting my mr2 tubby from a rev1 in to a rev3 head and fueling system, i have nearly completed then whole thing except on my pin out diagram there is one pin,(on the third connector) that should be empty but has a wire in it? There is no change for pin so should i just remove it? or just leave it? all the other blanks are correct? any ideas?
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Rev1 to rev3 ecu conversion

Post by Peter Gidden »

A little more precision in your info. might be helpful. Howabout wire colour? Abbreviation on pinout diagram?
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

There is no abbravation on the pin out I'm using it just only abbravates the wires concerned in the actual swap nothing else. It's on the connector that's from the kick well loom, the wire is black and well with silver spots on

It's on connector 3 next to where the newly placed FC wired on the right hand side
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

chaos19810 wrote:There is no abbravation on the pin out I'm using it just only abbravates the wires concerned in the actual swap nothing else. It's on the connector that's from the kick well loom, the wire is black and well with silver spots on

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j216/ ... pinout.jpg

It's on connector 3 next to where the newly placed FC wired on the right hand side

FC has a pin on either side, and you don't say which you are referring to, but to save us going back and forth all night:

Rev1 ECU
Pin 13 +B1
Pin 14 FC
Pin 15 ABS

Rev3 ECU
Pin 13 +B1
Pin 14 FC
Pin 15 VT02 TRC

Pin 20 on the Rev3 ECU is the ABS wire.

You also need to repin the PAS wires and an A/C wire to the ECU else they won't work properly.
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

I'm unsure of the numbering system but I'm guessing its number 13, it is the pin directly next to the FC pin on the diagram it's a blue box do should be empty, also my car no longer has A/C and being a rev one it has no traction control?

But I'm possibly wrong wirings not my strong point
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

chaos19810 wrote:I'm unsure of the numbering system but I'm guessing its number 13, it is the pin directly next to the FC pin on the diagram it's a blue box do should be empty, also my car no longer has A/C and being a rev one it has no traction control?

But I'm possibly wrong wirings not my strong point

You have a blue box on either side of FC!

It's a 22 pin plug. 11 pins along top row, 1-11 from right to left. 12-22 bottom row from right to left.

So you'll still need to repin the PAS wires.
chaos19810

Post by chaos19810 »

i thought the numbering system must of been like that, in that case it is indeed the B+ wire that is meant to be empty on my diagram but is present on the connector?

with the PAS is that a change of two pins the first from number 14 to number 4 and the other wire from number 15 to number 19?
Peter Gidden

Post by Peter Gidden »

chaos19810 wrote:i thought the numbering system must of been like that, in that case it is indeed the B+ wire that is meant to be empty on my diagram but is present on the connector?

Are you sure you've got the numbering system? Pins 12 and 13 are IIRC always black/yellow. Pin 12 in your diagram is bottom right hand corner.

chaos19810 wrote:with the PAS is that a change of two pins the first from number 14 to number 4 and the other wire from number 15 to number 19?

PS Black
Rev1 22pin plug pin 8
Rev3 22 pin plug pin 18

PSCT Blue/Yellow
Rev1 22pin plug pin 7
Rev3 22 pin plug pin 8

Return to “Electrical”