Magnex exhaust for Supercharger?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DNOS808

Magnex exhaust for Supercharger?

Post by DNOS808 »

I have got a Magnex Stainless steel exhaust that was originally fitted to a standard Mk1 and I am wondering if it would fit my Supercharger.

I have been trying to find out if Magnex produced different versions of their exhaust for the SC and NA versions of the Mk1. From what I can gather there was only one version of the exhaust and so I assume it will be ok on the SC.

Does anyone know if Magnex produced more than one version of their MR2 Mk1 exhaust?
aw11rally

Re: Magnex exhaust for Supercharger?

Post by aw11rally »

The exhaust manifolds are identical apart from the lambda sensor flange on the S/C version (and maybe some late N/A's??).

Exhaust systems are interchangable between S/C and N/A models.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

aw11rally wrote:The exhaust manifolds are identical apart from the lambda sensor flange on the S/C version (and maybe some late N/A's??).

Exhaust systems are interchangable between S/C and N/A models.

What they said.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

The only slight issue you may have is clearance of the driveshaft. This is because SC driveshafts are a fair bit bigger, so they can foul the exhaust.

A bit of bending is normally enough, though my local exhaust place welded in a short extension section to lower it further.

Magnex produced two versions IIRC. The first had a flexi (can't remember if it was long or short) but the second one was revised as flexi's tended to go on the earlier one.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”