Does anybody know this car? [sheffield]

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Demon A

Does anybody know this car? [sheffield]

Post by Demon A »

In the market for a 2. Couple on here tick the boxes but are a bit out of budget annoyingly. But I've seen this one on ebay and it seems to tick all the right boxes, and the low mileage box on top of that which is a bonus. Wondering if anyone knows the car at all. Seems a little too cheap to me personally? It's across the country from me as well, hence why I'm asking on here for a second opinion.

Plus I've never bought a car off eBay before, the thought of clicking buy it now and turning up to a shed sends shivers down my spine. And god forbid any negative feedback :roll:

EDIT: Apparently I don't have the post count to post urls, but the item number is 230880331219

Thanks all!
shinny

Re: Does anybody know this car? [sheffield]

Post by shinny »

Treat ebay as any other car advert and GO TO SEE the car before agreeing to buy it (ie. bidding etc)! Those who were around a couple of months ago will know exactly the situation I have in mind...

As for the car itself, if I were you I'd hold out for a genuine JDM rev3 turbo if that's what you want.
Demon A

Post by Demon A »

Yeah I'd never bid on a car before seeing it. Suicide really!

Thanks for the advice, I'm just getting pretty stir crazy waiting for the right one to come up now I've got the money available.

Burning a hole in my pocket and all that.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

this would put me off -

Bee R rev limiter

They can cause damage / wear...
shinny

Post by shinny »

Demon A wrote:Yeah I'd never bid on a car before seeing it. Suicide really!

Thanks for the advice, I'm just getting pretty stir crazy waiting for the right one to come up now I've got the money available.

Burning a hole in my pocket and all that.

Quick flight to NI?

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/forums/307/154873.html
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

This one :lol: :lol: but you need to " bring ya big pants" :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mr2-turbo-337 ... 1155654760

lol
Demon A

Post by Demon A »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:This one :lol: :lol: but you need to " bring ya big pants" :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol

What's really annoying is that that's actually local. Always the way, never the other war around!

And N.I is probably a little far!
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Demon A wrote:
Steve-O 2007 wrote:This one :lol: :lol: but you need to " bring ya big pants" :lol: :lol: :lol: LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol

What's really annoying is that that's actually local. Always the way, never the other war around!

Take it for a test drive and see if you need big pants for it lol. We are interested if it is what it says with all them mods... if it is its a bargain once you rip all the crap off it :lol:
dan4

Post by dan4 »

Central locking doesnt work but it doesnt matter as there's only 2 doors to lock, thats priceless #-o
Demon A

Post by Demon A »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:
Demon A wrote:

lol

Take it for a test drive and see if you need big pants for it lol. We are interested if it is what it says with all them mods... if it is its a bargain once you rip all the crap off it :lol:

Although I have a shed full of standard parts from ownership 3 years ago, I don't own anywhere near enough to make it even remotely bearable to be seen in
Ryan S
IMOC Moderator

Post by Ryan S »

to be fair, the one on ebay looks like a nice straight car :thumleft:

i've bought loads of motors off gumtree/ebay without test driving first, i bought my last Mr2 from birmingham based on pics and description, rented a car, drove it there, was depending on buying the car to get home, had the car 4 years :)

did the same with a 200sx when i was 18, had that car 7 years :thumleft: :thumleft:
asdrewq

Post by asdrewq »

I thought bids on cars on ebay were NOT binding, you are merely registering an interest in buying a vehicle. You are bidding in good faith on the basis that the car will be as described by the seller.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/non ... g-bid.html

As for the car in OP,

Looks to have originally been a rev2 import. 18psi would worry me, and it has clearly had a full respray. Ask for some pics of the paintwork taken when dry to properly judge condition.
Heater controls are from a UK car, so that dosent really add up.
Demon A

Post by Demon A »

^ good spot. Hadn't noticed the heater switches. I'll give it a miss and be patient I think cheers all.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”