My new ride!!!!!!!!!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

A.BLAKE

My new ride!!!!!!!!!

Post by A.BLAKE »

NO I have not sold the tubby!!
But while shes waiting for her 5s build needed something to get around in.. Originally planned to buy a nissan micra thinking i all ready had a nice car all i needed was a run around.. But.. a good one is still £700 and thats alot of money for something you dont want... This was £1400 which is cheeeeaaaap because i love it..

100k on the clock with all stamps in the book from lexus.. Michelin pilot sports all round basically mint condition.. and it has to top spec with all the toys and nice interior which is also mint.. Cant believe what a bargain it was.. Its much better than the equivalent BMW and im a big BMW fan..

If im honest its much much more car than the mr2 which i payed £2000 more for. But this is interesting because it means that fun holds its value better than good engineering...
:-k

Any how its the perfect other car.. Will keep this and just use the 2 for sunny weekends..

Donato

Re: My new ride!!!!!!!!!

Post by Donato »

I was looking at these a while back. It was this or the BMW E36 equivalant. Ended up with the E36. One day i'd like to have one though. I love the dials in them!
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

+1 on the Rolex dials. Plus they sound awesome with an induction kit. Good car.
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

yeah with an induction kit and pipe they sound awesome but I have promised myself and wife I will not start modding it...Its perfect how it is........... Even though Thor racing make conversion kit to take the LS430 V8............. :whistle:
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

Lmao I assume it's the straight 6 and not a beams
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

Lmao I assume it's the straight 6 and not a beams
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Yes full Lex uk spec, the straight 6 is awesome.. Super smooth, not fast but there is a great tourque band between 3-4k... Handling is epic!!!! Gearbox is a masterpiece... The only thing that p1$$e$ me off about it is even with the parking sensors turned off it beeps when its in reverse....Sounds minor but it drives me crazy... #-o
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Nice buy :thumleft: Should keep the neighbours happy too, until the weekend :wink:
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Nice buy Should keep the neighbours happy too, until the weekend

Yeah they all think I have sold the tubby... Wonder what they will make of the screamer pipe when she returns :twisted:
4ndee

Post by 4ndee »

Mahahaha screamer pipe awsome. my neighbours hate my car....... but I hate them soooo lol
Zeiretto

Post by Zeiretto »

Nice Lex!
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

A.BLAKE wrote:
Nice buy Should keep the neighbours happy too, until the weekend

Yeah they all think I have sold the tubby... Wonder what they will make of the screamer pipe when she returns :twisted:

Would have thought it unlikely your neighbours will ever hear your screamer pipe. :?
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Yeah with the speed bumps your probably right... Oh well there always the anti lag if i feel the need to announce my presence.. :twisted:
Im actually planing an active exhaust that has a loud and a stealth mode... I love a side exit but not sure if I could live with it full time. LOL
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

A.BLAKE wrote:I love a side exit

And you think the neighbours hate you now! :lol:

Return to “Member Profiles”