Fuel pump fubar

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chaos19810

Fuel pump fubar

Post by chaos19810 »

I'm half way through my n/a to turbo conversion and I am all a fluster about using the n/a pump that's attached to the car? Any problems with this? [/code]
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Fuel pump fubar

Post by Peter Gidden »

chaos19810 wrote:I'm half way through my n/a to turbo conversion and I am all a fluster about using the n/a pump that's attached to the car? Any problems with this?

What sort of problems? :?
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
chaos19810 wrote:I'm half way through my n/a to turbo conversion and I am all a fluster about using the n/a pump that's attached to the car? Any problems with this?

What sort of problems? :?

Think he probably wants to know if it will flow enough fuel or if they are both the same :thumleft:

If I was going to the hassle of changing the pump I would fire a uprated one in to future proof it...
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Steve-O 2007 wrote:Think he probably wants to know if it will flow enough fuel or if they are both the same :thumleft:

Pump should be changed.
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
Steve-O 2007 wrote:Think he probably wants to know if it will flow enough fuel or if they are both the same :thumleft:

Pump should be changed.

One of the MR2 Gods have spoken and shared knowledge with you :mrgreen: :thumleft:

Stick an uprated one in while the tank is dropped... You might as well due to the work of dropping the tank.. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”