**UPDATED** 1991 Rev 1 (Beastly V6 1MZ-FE VVTI) **UPDATED**

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

riot68

Re: **UPDATED** 1991 Rev 1 (Beastly V6 1MZ-FE VVTI) **UPDATED**

Post by riot68 »

Only just caught back up with this. My you have been busy, last I read you were wanting to sell it. Looking good anyway, will wait with excitement to see the outcome...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
blue2

Post by blue2 »

Karl I would re-trim the whole dashboard, I saw a pic of one a while ago looked really good, totally modernised the interior though I have no idea of cost etc.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

I certainly have been very busy since you typed up on here last. Well rather should I say Peter and I have been busy as I can't take any credit for the engine work that he is doing :lol:

I was never 100% about the whole selling thing - it was more a last ditch attempt to convince myself that I didn't need an engine swap (I wouldn't be able to if I didn't own the car! lol).

I have now grown too attached to this car and spent far too much time effort and money on it. Therefore I will keep this car as a weekend toy forever. I am undecided where to end on the modifications with this car - I'm sure there is plenty more stuff that I can buy for it that I don't know about yet, lol.

Everyone else seems to be going for a full Alcantara re-trims at the moment. I don't like being like everyone else, lol. I will trial a half re-trim and if it suits it then brilliant, and if not then I can re-assess it from there :D

Peter has been slaving away on the Lexus, stripping it all apart and trying to sort out all of the wiring so that he knows what goes where for when he wires it into EOR

Makes my head spin just looking at it; god knows how Peter manages!
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

KarlBristol wrote:I certainly have been very busy since you typed up on here last. Well rather should I say Peter and I have been busy as I can't take any credit for the engine work that he is doing :lol:

I was never 100% about the whole selling thing - it was more a last ditch attempt to convince myself that I didn't need an engine swap (I wouldn't be able to if I didn't own the car! lol).

I have now grown too attached to this car and spent far too much time effort and money on it. Therefore I will keep this car as a weekend toy forever. I am undecided where to end on the modifications with this car - I'm sure there is plenty more stuff that I can buy for it that I don't know about yet, lol.

Everyone else seems to be going for a full Alcantara re-trims at the moment. I don't like being like everyone else, lol. I will trial a half re-trim and if it suits it then brilliant, and if not then I can re-assess it from there :D

Peter has been slaving away on the Lexus, stripping it all apart and trying to sort out all of the wiring so that he knows what goes where for when he wires it into EOR

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h48 ... G_0555.jpg

Makes my head spin just looking at it; god knows how Peter manages!

Re-trim bits yourself. If you don't like it then nothing lost. Im doing mine myself in dribs and drabs, as/when I feel like it really.
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

Just stumbled on this thread and has taken about two hours to read all 23 pages! Great work and I look forward to seeing the engine finished :thumleft:
riot68

Post by riot68 »

I don't think Karl does drib and drabs! haha, cool to see you are keeping it and improving it further after all you've done anyway, good luck, will hopefully get to see it some day soon...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

mattymr2 wrote:Just stumbled on this thread and has taken about two hours to read all 23 pages! Great work and I look forward to seeing the engine finished :thumleft:

That's quite an achievement in itself to get through the entire thread at once! Lol. Thanks for the kind comments.

I endeavour to take her to as many car shows as possible next year and have some decent driving fun out if her (if I can afford the petrol costs that is! Lol)

I have today also purchased a Goodridge braided clutch hose which will be fitted with everything else. Hopefully this should future proof it a bit, and also give a better pedal feel. It just makes sense with a new clutch going in there :D

More photos and progress to come in the near future...

jack-p

Post by jack-p »

Hows this coming along Karl? You've been a little shy lately.
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

To be honest there's not been loads of progress in the past few weeks. Peter picked up an injury and so it's been more of a stockpiling of items and future planning of late. He is healing well though so work will commence again very soon.

The loom is fully removed in the Lexus and the aim is to have the Lexus engine removed by the end of this week... Fingers crossed. Then the real work begins!! :thumleft:

jack-p

Post by jack-p »

Fair enough, hopefully you get it as a Christmas present. Doubt you'll be taking it out much until summer anyway though!
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

What an incredible thread!
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Tiny update...

Peter is still slaving away on the car. Hopefully there will be some photos soon that I can post up.

The new section of interior lighting is almost finished and photos will be being posted soon (I can't wait :D )

Oh and I picked this up today to go with the alcantara door cards, gaiters, etc... I'm very pleased with my little stockpile of parts, and how it is going to look when I get it all back

:thumleft:
Last edited by KarlBristol on Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

jack-p

Post by jack-p »

Looks tidy Karl, it's going to be a whole new car when it returns :thumleft:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

So today I dropped off and installed a little something I've been working on for Karl, in the form of a modded heater unit. This one is the first one of a potential production run I might be making in the near future. :wink:

The mods are based on some of the ideas I implemented in the prototype I made, which resides in my car and looks crap in comparison to this new unit :lol: It uses a completely different backlight design, which now gives a perfectly even light spread across the entire area and saves a significant amount of fabrication time. In addition it also means a big increase in the choice of colour combinations which can be created :D

A few pics for the photo whore himself :thumleft:

Fitted

I've intentionally not taken a night photo of it, as I want you to see it first in the flesh. You're the first one to have one of these and I think you'll be pretty pleased with what you see when you pick the car up. :thumleft: Here's a daytime shot though, as a teaser :mrgreen:

Very much looking forward to hearing what you think when you see it later in the month :D
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Ive said it once, I will say it a million times. You sir are a legend!! Thank you.

I know these are very labour intensive to make so thank you for all your time and hard work in creating this for me. It looks cracking!!

Roll on pick up time so that I can see it at night!
I think that this, and all of my previous led conversions (eg speedo, ignition ring, door card lights, courtesy light, etc...) will complement eachothr perfectly.

I guess the interior is pretty much done now apart from an alcantara retrim. Im still tempted to do a whole retrim myself. My only concern is the dash :-k

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Enjoy :thumleft:

I know what you mean about the dash, I'm putting it off as long as possible. Especially as the white pieces in the doors etc mark so damn easily ](*,)
aj.extreme

Post by aj.extreme »

Karl i'm just in the process of a full retrim myself

Should take me a few weeks but i'll let you know how i get on and what results can be had from a DIY job, will update my progress in my thread in the members profiles area.

For now though removing the dash was a doddle 20mins :thumleft:

Not sure about putting it back in though :-k

PS looking forward to seeing your car next year sometime, hopefully i'll be done by then too!
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

Magic Beans wrote:So today I dropped off and installed a little something I've been working on for Karl, in the form of a modded heater unit. This one is the first one of a potential production run I might be making in the near future. :wink:

The mods are based on some of the ideas I implemented in the prototype I made, which resides in my car and looks crap in comparison to this new unit :lol: It uses a completely different backlight design, which now gives a perfectly even light spread across the entire area and saves a significant amount of fabrication time. In addition it also means a big increase in the choice of colour combinations which can be created :D

A few pics for the photo whore himself :thumleft:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... G_0465.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... G_0466.jpg

Fitted

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... G_0477.jpg

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... G_0478.jpg

I've intentionally not taken a night photo of it, as I want you to see it first in the flesh. You're the first one to have one of these and I think you'll be pretty pleased with what you see when you pick the car up. :thumleft: Here's a daytime shot though, as a teaser :mrgreen:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 ... G_0480.jpg

Very much looking forward to hearing what you think when you see it later in the month :D

i would still really much like 1 of these once my car gets over its winter blues and stops breaking resulting in all my money goin on fixing the dan thing lol

looks great
kayjay0_7

Post by kayjay0_7 »

I'ts been a while, any updates on the build
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

kayjay0_7 wrote:I'ts been a while, any updates on the build

Peters been a bit delayed with other things recently, so this hasnt really taken off yet. But its sat up there ready :D

Ive been assured that the engine work will start from today and photos shouldnt be far behind :lol:

Return to “Member Profiles”