[Mk2] [NA] Rev5 wheel spacers

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR22

[Mk2] [NA] Rev5 wheel spacers

Post by MR22 »

Hi all.
I have Rev5 Wheels + standard width tyres fitted to my Mk2.
Question is what is the maximum width spacers I can fit front and rear without rolling of the wing edges ? Standard springs - Not lowered.
Thanks for any advice. :)
Last edited by MR22 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synXero

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Rev5 wheel spacers

Post by synXero »

Are you lowered?

I have a rev5 beams & standard alloys. ATM I'm up to 21mm space rear. You could do 25. At 15, your wheels won't fit on - you'll see why if you try. 20-25 rear is best if you're choosing to space.

Front is much the same, really, maybe marginally less. I've found spacing the rears and not the fronts improves handling too.
craig

Post by craig »

Probably best finding the right offset wheels, rather than increasing the track by 15mm etc.

If you do space the stock wheels though, use hubcentric spacers with longer wheel studs.
Nic

Post by Nic »

According to here http://91mr2.com/wheel-and-tire-calculator/ the stock wheels/tyres sit 35.05mm in from wheel arches.

As above if you must fit spacers, use hubcentric ones with a built in spigot.
Nic
[email protected]
MR2 Rev 3 GT Turbo
synXero

Post by synXero »

I would say from personal experience and trial and error, on a genuine rev5, that 35mm in from the arches is too high.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Be aware that if you use spacers you can expect to have to replace wheel bearings (particularly at the rear) within a few years.
That said you could certainly add 20mm without rubbing issues but 25mm might be close. I run a 15x7 rear with a 225/50/15 (so the same as standard) but with a 35 offset rather than the standard 45. In other words it sits 10mm further out than stock. To that I've added a 15mm H&R hubcentric spacer and the wheel is almost flush with bodywork and indeed used to catch on arches before they were rolled (granted though it is lowered an inch and a half).
Plenty of pictures of 'flushness' in my garage.

R.

Return to “Modifications”