Interesting 2 for sale on ebay

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

A.BLAKE

Re: Interesting 2 for sale on ebay

Post by A.BLAKE »

I dont think there is anything wrong with the NA as long as its not got a stupid body kit, its just a different type of car..
Only thing i would say it the NA kind of gives the breed a less serious image.. All petrol heads respect a evo or an rx7 but as we never had a uk tubby people look at it like an mx5 alternative...
Estate agents in boxters try and push past on the motorway and look shocked by the flames and strange noises as you surge past on a wave of boost. Maybe its a good thing.. We are the elite.. Who knows, any way i would still own an NA rather than an mx5..
MR2O12

Post by MR2O12 »

Na are slow ive given up racing now as i usualy loose. My engines perfectly healthy but does not feel like 170hp until the very final bit of the rev range. They do look/sound amazing though :pale:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

MR2O12 wrote:Na are slow ive given up racing now as i usualy loose. My engines perfectly healthy but does not feel like 170hp until the very final bit of the rev range. They do look/sound amazing though :pale:

And thus is the nature of a naturally aspirated engine ;)

I used to have one and I definitely wouldn't call it slow. Sure, it's not 'throwing you back in your seat' fast, but a 7.6s 0-60 isn't all that bad! I could certainly live with it if it were just a daily driver. If you're into racing people on the street, it probably won't be up to scratch, but hey, you'll likely be hitting a ban if you're caught often enough :P
Chloke83

Post by Chloke83 »

The N/A is not a slow car in comparison to others from its era:

BMW Z3 2.0ltr - 0-60 - 8.6secs Top end of 130mph

Fiat Coupe 2.0ltr 16v - 0-60 8.9secs Top end of 129mph
2.0ltr 20v - 0-60 8.4secs Top end of 134mph

Alfa GTV 2.0ltr TS 16v - 0-60 8.2secs Top end of 137mph

Just a few examples but as you can see the MR2 stacked up pretty well. Even against the GT86 it stacks up pretty similar!

Against a Tubby though it is now comparison but that is true of any N/A. \:D/
MR2O12

Post by MR2O12 »

Tsia wrote:
MR2O12 wrote:Na are slow ive given up racing now as i usualy loose. My engines perfectly healthy but does not feel like 170hp until the very final bit of the rev range. They do look/sound amazing though :pale:

And thus is the nature of a naturally aspirated engine ;)

I used to have one and I definitely wouldn't call it slow. Sure, it's not 'throwing you back in your seat' fast, but a 7.6s 0-60 isn't all that bad! I could certainly live with it if it were just a daily driver. If you're into racing people on the street, it probably won't be up to scratch, but hey, you'll likely be hitting a ban if you're caught often enough :P

I meen up to speed limits of corse.. but ive found the na does not stack up well to cars of its era. I had a rover 200 1.8 n/a and it would humiliate rev3 g limiteds with over 20hp less and simalr 0-60 time. Mr2 handels much better but the stats (170hp and 0-60) are bit missleading imo
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

A.BLAKE wrote:I would repeatedly sodomize my step sister before i would put those wheels on that car. Thats the worst thing it about by miles, i cant believe any one would go to the trouble of fitting that kit with wheels that narrow..

Is she fit?
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

MR2O12 wrote: Mr2 handels much better but the stats (170hp and 0-60) are bit missleading imo

:neutral:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”