Jacks' TRD rev5

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jack-p

Re: Jacks' TRD rev5

Post by jack-p »

These turned up today to keep my nice clean t-bar panels scratch free :D
Nice little ebay bargain and in excellent condition too :thumleft:

the sticker on them reads in english and also french (that's an assumption becuase it looks french :eye: )

are they all like this or are they from a french mr2?
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

There's not a lot to update about at the moment because saving for our first house has somewhat limited my car money :(
I did however spot a really awesome path littered with graffiti, unfortunately I couldn't get my car into the path but there was one wall in an old factory carpark that I could so took some pics :)
And a few that a played with in instagram, I was a little disappointed you have to crop the photos though so could only do a couple. :roll:

Well after Karl heard about my picture taking antics he was VERY keen to get in on the action. So on Sunday after we finished his suspension, we went on a little day trip around Bristol to take more.
Don;t know if anybody noticed in the pic above but Karl is parked really close to that stone... really close indeed :-k
:clown:
And my personal favourite :thumleft:

Sorry if a lot of the pics are very similar to Karls, he beat me to the upload!
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Looks good mate - we will have to do it again :thumleft:

That is millimetre perfect parking :thumleft:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Very nice and favourite colour for a TRD! :-)
craig

Post by craig »

Great pics! :D

Karl - :shock: :mrgreen:
glimited

Post by glimited »

Props on the car. It looks amazing. Some good photos too!
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

Thanks guys and yes Karl we'll definately have to do it again when the weathers nice :D

JeffD wrote:Very nice and favourite colour for a TRD! :-)

Ha, you're a little bias on colour though! :wink: I keep checking your website for progress on the car :)
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Stunning photo's lads :thumleft:
ayresyboy

Post by ayresyboy »

really nice. nothing more on mine. but that will be changing soon
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Loving all the moody angled shots guys :thumleft:

Some look like they should have an Emporio Armani logo in the background :mrgreen:
agentturbo

Post by agentturbo »

great pics Jack.... glad i have done mine in white now looks like a true sports car which for me is ageless...this car still compete with the best of them , with it being a classic style ... :clap: :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Great pictures and a truly stunning car :thumleft:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Looks awesome :thumleft:

But you really need some TRD strut braces :wink:
wilki

Post by wilki »

Looks fantastic 8) 8) 8) :thumleft:

Loving the spoilerless look
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

Thanks guys, it's really nice to hear such positive feedback :D

ayresyboy, I honestly can't wait, I love watching your thread.

agentturbo, I've been folloing your thread on another forum (infact signed up to the forum just to see it!), hows it coming on? there hasn't been an update in a while but last I saw it was looking stunning.

JohnnyC, the rear trd strutbrace is definately on my wishlist but I'm afraid it will probably remain there for quite some time!
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Just read the whole lot, brilliant from start to finish and very inspiring. Would love a TRD, rep or not myself.

I do wonder though, the spoiler appears to be sloped downwards quite a lot and doesn't look right. Is it a fault with it as the genuine car wasn't like that and the stance looked better as a result?
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

Thanks, in a way I quite like it being a replica because I'd have left it alone if it was genuine... can't say I wouldn't like the real deal though!

It's the way the blade was mounted on the spoiler, the holes can be re-drilled at a better angle. I started this but lost interest since I like it without the spoiler. I think when I get around to it I'll finish it off, sell that spoiler and work on another trd spoiler I have to be an exact replica of the original...one day :eye:
scleary121

Post by scleary121 »

Nice looking motor mate, good work.
Also I recognise that graffiti in the pictures, that is at the end of my old street! What a coincidence, I never normally read these build/projects threads as well but stumbled across this one
synXero

Post by synXero »

Out of interest - what did you replace the red Recaros (now in my old car... That I'm selling) with??

My only suggestion for the car is to blend over one of the lines on the door bump strip bit! The rest of the TRD kit has only one split line rather than the two lines running horizontally along the doors. Might be nicer? Love a TRD. So nice. I think the spoiler off is perfect too.
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

scleary121 wrote:Nice looking motor mate, good work.
Also I recognise that graffiti in the pictures, that is at the end of my old street! What a coincidence, I never normally read these build/projects threads as well but stumbled across this one

Thanks. Cool, there's some really nice pieces long there but I couldnt get close, it's only round the corner from me at the mo :)

synXero wrote:Out of interest - what did you replace the red Recaros (now in my old car... That I'm selling) with??

I put the standard seats back in because the red stood out a bit too much for me. Those seats have been around a bit on this website as I got them off cardhore.

My only suggestion for the car is to blend over one of the lines on the door bump strip bit! The rest of the TRD kit has only one split line rather than the two lines running horizontally along the doors. Might be nicer? Love a TRD. So nice. I think the spoiler off is perfect too.[/quote]

I know what you mean, that bugs me now too but I didn't want to take on too much work at once when I was doing the kit so decided against it. I may blend them in and have the doors repainted at the moment but cant afford it right now, if I do I'll be getting rid of both lines because it looks weird with just one IMO.

Return to “Member Profiles”