All over for G164 CKV... didn't make the moon after all.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Marf

Re: All over for G164 CKV... didn't make the moon after all.

Post by Marf »

oldskoolhrdcore wrote:
also the very first thing Luke changed on your car was the starter motor and yet you neglect to mention this fact

Teehee, was wondering when this nugget would surface!

I agree with Dazz about customer service being key, but it is a two way street!

When I first got my Tubby, the alternator died. Bought one from TCB, had my usual garage fit it. Two weeks later, same symptoms. OK it's a duff alternator I think. TCB to their credit replaced it no problem and I had the garage fit it.

Two weeks later, same symptoms. "Hmm, this is fishy" I think. Bought another alternator from eBay. Took it into the garage and they couldnt find anything wrong, removed the TCB alternator and put my eBay one on on my say so.

So thus far I've paid three times for an alternator to be fitted. I was not a happy chappy.

Noticed on the drive home that when I went over bumps, the three tell tale lights would light up. Lightbulb goes in my head "perhaps the plug is loose or the wiring is damaged"

Take it back to the garage, explain my findings, hey presto they spot the plug has been coming loose all this time. Replaced the plug and hey presto! I've got my car back up and running and the garage have learned something!

Did I go libelling them on a public forum for being crap? No! They're humans and humans make mistakes. They were just as happy to figure out what the problem was as I was, because they'd learned something and together we'd got me running again.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Marf wrote:You've very publicly painted yourself into a corner and if I were Paul, Peter, Luke, Patrick or whoever I'd not touch your car with someone elses bargepole!

Please ecxlude me from your statement.

I have no intention of taking sides or pointing fingers, but HS and any other customer is welcome in my workshop.

Yes i've had disputes over the years, and we've made the odd mistake, but that's business, especially when working on 15+ years old cars. BUT as stated previously, part of the issues here appear to be customer service (again, not apportioning blame), and very few of my disputes have ever made it to a public forum.

Rob, i'm glad your car seems to be sorted - well done for persevering.
Marf

Post by Marf »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:

Please ecxlude me from your statement.

Apologies Pete, not saying you would or wouldn't, just what I'd do. I'll edit the post.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Marf, saying whatever it is you're trying to say still doesn't effect my rights.

Yes I was wrong to state categorically in Trader Feedback that Luke broke the engine. I have posted this admission already in this thread and I have also made it perfectly clear that I have both corrected it in the thread in which it featured and that that thread could be completely removed if Luke wished it.

I have not lied to this forum. I removed the car to another garage with the intention of breaking it there but challenged them if they could to figure it out with the promise of my sincere thanks and to recommend them to anyone I could if they should do so. I told them I could afford I hour of their time to get their opinion. I did not then speak to them for a full week whilst offers of new engines etc were made and considered. When I called to discuss the breaking process with them they told me they had already had the engine running. They were not instructed to fix it until then.

I'm sorry to keep raising the issue but opinions are worthless unless they conform to the actual facts. Since I am unable to stop these continued posts containing opinions that simply don't bother I have to conclude that there is very little point carrying on either on this thread or on indeed on this forum.

Once again I wish everyone all the very best of luck with their cars and thank Pan Autos that I myself can continue to enjoy mine and I think that is that for me and this on line community.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Opinions are like ar$eholes Rob, everybody has one. :eye:

I wouldn't let it put you off. You open a thread like this everybody piles in!

Hope it's all fixed for you, I really do.
oldskoolhrdcore

Post by oldskoolhrdcore »

HighwayStar wrote:
Yes I was wrong to state categorically in Trader Feedback that Luke broke the engine. I have posted this admission already in this thread and I have also made it perfectly clear that I have both corrected it in the thread in which it featured and that that thread could be completely removed if Luke wished it.

but you still continue in your endless warbling paragraphs to insinuate Luke is a bad trader, whilst also very much leaving out what has happened behind the scenes. he bent over backwards for you and all you've done is try to shaft the guy.
Nails

Post by Nails »

So now the op is getting it in the neck because he's let a garage fix it? And 'brought to light' that the first thing changed was a starter? Is the same one that was seized? Ermmm.

Its definitely got out of hand but I can't understand still that the car had an electrical issue. It was paid for to be fixed and yet still had one. And the battery was told be renewed without it being drop tested? And this is all robs fault?

Is it still going flat rob?
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Personally I think this thread should be locked before people fall out big time and it turns to more personal digs. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion although keeping this thread open any longer isn't going to get anywhere other than get people annoyed at each other.

It was broken
It's now fixed
Everyone's had their say on every aspect including on the companies involved
There's split decisions on every aspect

IMO there's nothing else that can be gained by keeping this thread open.

I just dont want to see people getting banned for expressing their opinions or getting annoyed about the situation

Just my 2p :cyclops:
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

/\ /\ +1
cvega666

Post by cvega666 »

We've locked the thread before, but OP specifically asked to re-open it. So here it is.
Current: 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Gone: '94 rev3 NA, '92 rev2 Turbo forged, '07 Civic Type-R
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

On a pure mechanical level I can assure you JUST a faulty starter motor does not explain a cylinder full to the brim with fuel, therefore I don't believe the underlying issue has been fixed.

Either that or there's more going on, because of all the MR2 problem threads I've ever read not one has ever had unrelated symptoms, this car seems to have 4....

Starter
Alternator Not charging
One fuel filled cylinder
A seized engine

So I don't believe just fitting a starter motor fixed all of the above, so something isn't right.

Is the car now miraculously charging again? It must be if it's all fixed

If that's the case then Luke is due an apology on more than one count.
Lewis Jay

Post by Lewis Jay »

I am very happy that this thread has been kept open to the public, as it just shows to me the truth about the state the forum has got into over the last few years.

With the traders and some mods becoming very (sided) with one another, as much as it pains me to see Lukes name get dragged through the mud as he has done lots of great workmanship over the years it also makes me happy that the "untouchables" aren't really all that and the mods need to realise they can't always just close a thread because they don't like what they are reading.

When all is said and done HS got his car fixed and thankfully another Mr2 lives to fight another day.

Alot of you need to get off your high horses and be thankfully, firstly for the fact this forum even exsists, secondly for the people that keep this forum going from the top to the bottom and everyone in between.

And thirdly because there are people out there that give a xxxx about these cars.

What I am trying to say is, everyone on here has the right to be here and the right to be heared but why do some of you insist on turning this xxxx into a "I
know more than you" argument, do you not have a fullfilling job or a life?

We are getting to point know we're these cars are seen less and less on the road, lets not make it so people feel like they dont want to or deserve to be part of the MR2 experience.

Lewis.
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

Agree fully with Lewis jay.

I read this kind of thread, which is all too common on imoc now and wonder what new members must think of this place sometimes, with all the sniping and personal digs that go flying.
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
T.F.S.

Post by T.F.S. »

bri0905 wrote:Agree fully with Lewis jay.

I read this kind of thread, which is all too common on imoc now and wonder what new members must think of this place sometimes, with all the sniping and personal digs that go flying.

I think it's to do with the average age of the owners lol!!!

Glad the engine got sorted though guys, happy ending after all...
dazzz wrote:I'm no expert but
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

T.F.S. wrote:
bri0905 wrote:Agree fully with Lewis jay.

I think it's to do with the average age of the owners lol!!!

Glad the engine got sorted though guys, happy ending after all...

What, old grumpy f*ckers? :lol:
Marf

Post by Marf »

<---- Grumpy beyond his years
Draven

Post by Draven »

Marf

Post by Marf »

That would be an ecumenical matter!
Draven

Post by Draven »

Marf wrote:That would be an ecumenical matter!

had to google... and even then didn't understand..
Marf

Post by Marf »

I love my brick!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”