Rev 5 tubby

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: Rev 5 tubby

Post by Peter Gidden »

Marlowe wrote:Unbelievably this sold the second time around at only £2,250 - to the same guy who won the first auction, refused to pay the previous £2,800 sale price. |

I'd have cancelled every bid he put on the second listing. :evil:
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Yes more fool you if you go through with it.
Chris

Post by Chris »

pi$$ed missed end of auction... #-o
gazchap

Post by gazchap »

tonigmr2 wrote:Yes more fool you if you go through with it.

Without his final bid, it would have sold for £100 less to someone else.

I might have been annoyed about having to relist it, but £2,250 is better than £2,150.

And to be fair to the guy, he seems like a good bloke (he's been and picked the car up now) Very chatty and knowledgeable, and clearly enthusiastic about the marque so at least it's gone to a good home.

Yes, I'd much rather he'd have paid £2,800 - but you win some, you lose some.
ryan

Post by ryan »

Im in shock .
gazchap

Post by gazchap »

Hehe, was it you leading the bids for most of the listings running time?
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

gazchap wrote:
tonigmr2 wrote:he seems like a good bloke.

Sounds like a top guy... Bids and wins a car and then decides not to pay for it. Then rubs your nose well and truly in it by bidding again. :roll:
gazchap

Post by gazchap »

If he hadn't bid second time around I'd have ended up £100 worse off.

There clearly wasn't anything malicious intended, he just got duff info and pulled out because he didn't want to take the risk. Can't blame him for that, even if it was annoying at the time.

Anyway, all done and dusted now. Job jobbed, I've got one less car on my driveway, and that's the main thing.
uglee

Post by uglee »

gazchap wrote:
tonigmr2 wrote:Yes more fool you if you go through with it.

Without his final bid, it would have sold for £100 less to someone else.

I might have been annoyed about having to relist it, but £2,250 is better than £2,150.

And to be fair to the guy, he seems like a good bloke (he's been and picked the car up now) Very chatty and knowledgeable, and clearly enthusiastic about the marque so at least it's gone to a good home.

Yes, I'd much rather he'd have paid £2,800 - but you win some, you lose some.

If he hadn't have kicked his toys out the pram without doing his research 1st you'd have been £550 better off through this transaction. His response on the locked OC thread showed the purchaser in a very dim light IMO. Hearing that he has taken advantage of it all to save even more money on the car reinforces my opinion of this individual even further.

You are obviously a genuine and honest person, unfortunately he has taken full advantage of this and it has cost you quite a lot of money. As such I feel genuinely disheartened that the experience of selling your car was this troublesome though no fault of your own.

The car has gone for way under book price and no doubt he will be happy to gloat about it in the future (in fact he already is and admitting to insurance fronting in the process).

He may seem like an enthusiast but I give it 12 months before it's back up for sale with an extra £1500 on the price 'as he tidied it up'.

I wish I'd have known it was for sale again, I'd have bought it for way more than that ](*,)
Last edited by uglee on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

uglee wrote: The car has gone for way under book price and no doubt he will be happy to gloat about it in the future. He may seem like an enthusiast but I give it 12 months before it's back up for sale with an extra £1500 on the price 'as he tidied it up'.

This, sadly, is all too true :cry:
uglee

Post by uglee »

JohnnyC wrote:
uglee wrote: The car has gone for way under book price and no doubt he will be happy to gloat about it in the future. He may seem like an enthusiast but I give it 12 months before it's back up for sale with an extra £1500 on the price 'as he tidied it up'.

This, sadly, is all too true :cry:

You posted just as I was editing my post, but as said already gloating about it while admitting insurance fronting.

Top guy eh :roll:
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Yeah, I see it now.

I don't know how some people can sleep at night :-k
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

What a nice guy! :eye:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
ryan

Post by ryan »

gazchap wrote:Hehe, was it you leading the bids for most of the listings running time?

No, im not in the market for an MR2 at the moment, and the sonic shadow colours would be my last choice, I think that black rub strip makes the car look awfully dated.
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

So im guessing this is Topgun or somin from the OC, i remmember him from the olden days, bloke was a bit of prat back then, and a really large prat for what happened just there.
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

shibby! wrote:So im guessing this is Topgun

:roll:
can anybody confirm this?
dont really do the oc
shibby!

Post by shibby! »

I thought someone said it was Topgun earlier.

I dont do the OC anymore either. Tried to have a wee look yesterday but was too slow so closed it in a huff.

Think that topgun bloke in his mid 50's or somin
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

Shocking behaviour, simply shocking. :shock:
I can't believe that I'm understanding this correctly....
As far as I can see, a longterm OC club member (and MR2 enthusiast) bid on a car and won the auction, only to than back out because he claimed the car had a dodgy history. The car was then relisted and the SAME person won again for a much lower price and actually took it this time?!?!
Shame on you sir, shame on you.
This is no way for an enthusiast to treat another. Downright cheap and worthy of a scummy little chav, rather than an enthusiast and club member.
Hope you do the right thing and pay up at least half the difference to the vendor. Karma will always get you in the end :)
shinny

Post by shinny »

At the buyer's request we've locked the thread on MR2OC he started to discuss the collection of this car.

Yes, the buyer was topgun and as far as I understand it the car has been collected at the ending price of the second auction. Not that any of that is really anyone else's concern other than the two parties involved.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

shinny wrote:

Yes, the buyer was topgun and as far as I understand it the car has been collected at the ending price of the second auction. Not that any of that is really anyone else's concern other than the two parties involved.

Agreed & locked.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.

Return to “MR2s for Sale”