All over for G164 CKV... didn't make the moon after all.

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

PW@Woodsport

Re: All over for G164 CKV... didn't make the moon after all.

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Fantastic Jason, frustratingly i've chucked out tons of rev3 NA ECU's over the years, Peter probably has one i bet.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

let me know what part number you need as i might have it.
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

I think we are looking for 89661-17500 , that would be a non immobiliser type Rev3.

Maybe we should wait for Rob to comment first though.
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Wow thats a fantastic offer from you two :thumleft:
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

PW@Woodsport wrote:I think we are looking for 89661-17500 , that would be a non immobiliser type Rev3.

Maybe we should wait for Rob to comment first though.

yup i have that one on ebay, so if he wants to go ahead ill take it off
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

This is immense - what an offer :thumleft: ... especially given the nature of both the people offering their services!!
You would have to be on some serious tea making duties for them! Lol

You would have to be mental to turn this offer down!

Paul - when your done with this id like to pay for an engine conversion for a 1mz. Think youve more than proved how customer focused and genuine you are and that means more to me than any price :D
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
KarlBristol

Post by KarlBristol »

Ps Im more than happy to help and lend some man power if wanted with either this engine swap or mine at a later date :D
Last edited by KarlBristol on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Selling up my highly modified and restored Rev 1 V6 3.0 1MZ-FE VVTi

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=176156
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Thanks Karl, i'd like to think there are still one or two of us that are hardcore Mr2 enthusiasts first and businessmen second, i know Peter definitely is that's for sure! If it means the difference between an Mr2 going for scrap or surviving then it seems the right thing to do.... and to be honest changing an engine is nothing for the likes of Peter and i.

We'll discuss your 1mz conversion in more detail, i'm on holiday next week so anytime after that is fine to sort it out (horrendous waiting list mind you!)

Fantastic offer Jason, just shows you Imoc is capable of rallying around an owner in need, top stuff :thumleft:
Last edited by PW@Woodsport on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

I have a rev3 na ecu FOC.. its an auto one tho... theres a quick bypass/mod available to convert to manual isnt there?
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

consider it my good deed for the day/week/month
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

if anything else is needed i should be pulling my rev 3 n/a lump out to fit my v6 in the next 2 weeks so will have a whole engine setup doing nothing (the v6 has been in an mr2 already so has come with the required wiring already, although ive got to double check it all properly first)

chris
MR2 Rich

Post by MR2 Rich »

If this goes ahead I would give a helping hand if needed (if it was at peters place) :thumleft: :thumleft:
No 2 :(
Bry

Post by Bry »

Just read the thread and if I'm correct it reads

Man with 230000 mile mr2 has problem with flat battery
Asks garage to have a look
Garage changes Alternator
Man drives car home and is happy with way car is running
Next day Man finds engine pixies came in the night and seized his engine
Man then blames garage for engine seizing

What a classic thread :lol:

Luke you deserve a medal for your patience :clap:
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Nails

Post by Nails »

Wow. Well there's something you don't see everyday. Certainly something to renew your faith in traders.
Big thumbs up!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

What a fantastic community we have on here! Take up the offer and get a lower mileage engine in, give it a heart transplant and have a few more years MR2ing.
greeny

Post by greeny »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:
PW@Woodsport wrote:Rob i understand your frustrations with the car, but i do think you are blowing its failure out of proportion somewhat, i still believe it could have something easy wrong with it, going back to the driving fine the night before and failed on your driveway.... but anyhow.... surely the easy thing to do is just stick another lump in there and enjoy more years of Mr2 ownership?

For gods sake Rob, if it meant the life and death of the car and you have no money get the car to me and i'll put another Mr2 engine in the bloody thing for free for you! (i have a long waiting list but if you're happy to wait that offer is genuine)

We all suffer mr2 trials from time to time, if you genuinely want to save the car let me know.

If Paul gets the engine to me, i'll fit it FOC.

I've never met you paul, but just from that I wouldn't hesitate to use you or point people in your direction. :thumleft:

Glad to see there's still a few good'un's around like you and pete! :clap:

*tip's my hat*
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
synXero

Post by synXero »

Thread of the year.

Paul, 2GR-FE for free, I'll give you a beer for the fitting??

Any chance??
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Thanks chaps, to be fair it's nothing that Peter and myself haven't done before, it just doesn't always make the forums, Rob is clearly at the end of his tether and it would be a shame to see the car jacked in for the sake of an engine problem. Peter, Jason and i are happy to save the car if Rob still wants and he'll have a nice Rev3 upgrade to boot.

Synxero, would you like a TRD supercharger bolted to that? :D

Rob i'm off on holiday from Thursday for a week, if you want to set the wheels in motion it's probably best to contact Peter, i'll then chat to Pete and Jason when i get back about getting you sorted.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

I should just like to say a massive thank you to all those on this thread who have offered help either through the provision of parts large and small or via their free labour and expertise. Likewise a huge thanks to all those many others who have PM'd me messages of support or taken the trouble to call and to discuss the issues over the phone with me. Truly it reflects not only great individual credit on those people but also demonstrates a club and forum comraderie and, dare I say, humanity that I hope and trust will act as a beacon to anybody else reading and considering ownership of a 2. With exceptions it is a wonderful community to be a part of.

Bry... no, you are not correct. In fact not only are you not correct but you are not correct in such spectacularly willful style I have to wonder whether you have read the same thread as I've been posting in or whether your ludicrously summary is based on some other undisclosed factor. I've already stated how disappointing I've found this attitude in others who have posted without regard to the known facts and indeed have openly questioned their motives for doing so and am dismayed to have to do so yet again. It rather flies in the face of what I have written in my first paragraph here.

Of course now you are entitled to respond to me since this is a public forum but to be frank I myself have no further interest in debating the facts involved with somebody who has no first hand knowledge of them and who has just demonstrated a complete disregard for those that I have stated that do not fit his own opinion. It is this type of thing that has made me sick of the whole affair and now makes me much keener to move on than to stay.
craig

Post by craig »

Well played people, what a cracking community!! :clap: :salut:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”