Rev 5 tubby

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rev5GT

Re: Rev 5 tubby

Post by Rev5GT »

gazchap wrote:Apparently one of his friends has done a check on it and it's come back as being recorded.

With all due respects thats a load of bo11ox...!! I'd like to see the report as mentioned i did one several months ago and it was all hpi clear and that was a proper hpi through hpi.co.uk not a mickey mouse mobile phone check...!!! I reckon there's people just trying to p1ss off the car and 'bad name' it on the forums without any proof...

For the price it is a great car for someone and not to mention a GENUINE rev5 aswell. Try getting a decent rev5 uk for £2k never mind a tubby for a few hundred more.

I really hope you sell it to someone genuine as they will be getting a good car. In fact I am half tempted to buy it off you myself as a fun weekend/track car..!!

Rash
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

JohnnyC wrote:

I'm not his greatest fan to be fair though :mrgreen:

the guys a w4nker
gazchap

Post by gazchap »

Rash wrote:With all due respects thats a load of bo11ox...!! I'd like to see the report as mentioned i did one several months ago and it was all hpi clear and that was a proper hpi through hpi.co.uk not a mickey mouse mobile phone check...!!!

Yeah, I did a full HPI check through hpi.co.uk before I bought it and it came back clear.

Reading between the lines on the forum thread on MR2OC, it looks like someone mentions it being "recorded as damaged", I think referring to the fact that I've recorded it on the LISTING, and he's assumed that means on the Cat C register or something.

Still, never mind - I've cancelled the transaction with him now and all is good, so I'll get my final value fee back and I've sent a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.
adamshaw

mr2

Post by adamshaw »

Did this sell to the second offer?
gazchap

Post by gazchap »

They've not come back to me yet.
adamshaw

Post by adamshaw »

Ok Mate. NP keep me posted. Just wondered re scratch on roof and cracks in fibreglass spoiler (iirc) from old post - are these now sorted?
gazchap

Post by gazchap »

adamshaw wrote:Ok Mate. NP keep me posted. Just wondered re scratch on roof and cracks in fibreglass spoiler (iirc) from old post - are these now sorted?

I'd have to double-check to be on the safe side, but I'm pretty sure they're sorted - I can't say I noticed them when I was looking at the car.
Ryosuke

Post by Ryosuke »

I would buy it blind, but first my 99 N/A has to go :cry:
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

Hiya mate...

I'ts just been bought to my attention that a comment I made may be the one that caused Mick to back out of the sale..

This was a mistake caused by my phone deciding to change my words from 'unrecorded' to 'in recorded'

I've read my whole comment back though and its clearly a mistake (to me) However I appologise if this was the cause of him backing out

Good luck with the sale
Vinny
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

TBH sounds like somebody changed their mind and any old excuse basically. Shame.

I saw the Newera rev5 turbo in silver yesterday. 8.5k people. It was mint, but not 6k mint. :eye:
Chris

Post by Chris »

I wish I had some money... I'd pay 2800 for it all day long. :shock:
muckyman

Post by muckyman »

Chris wrote:I wish I had some money... I'd pay 2800 for it all day long. :shock:

Same here! If only someone would buy my Audi TT, I would have this in a heartbeat.
(don't suppose you want to swap with a TT and cash my way)
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

gazchap wrote:Mick first placed a bid on the 6th August, so that's about two days of the ad having the note about the car's history on it.

+
gazchap wrote:Unfortunately the winning bidder is under the impression that the car is recorded as accident damaged and is Cat C and is threatening to report me to eBay for being dishonest!

=
rev3turbo wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:

(speaking of Topgun/Mick) I'm not his greatest fan to be fair though :mrgreen:

the guys a w4nker
gazchap

Post by gazchap »

I've put it back up for sale on eBay as the Second Chance Offer didn't look like being accepted.

I've added further information to the listing now, in a bid to avoid any doubt about the car's condition whatsoever.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Could you email me some pics of the current interior please. Will PM addy now.
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

Unbelievably this sold the second time around at only £2,250 - to the same guy who won the first auction, refused to pay the previous £2,800 sale price.

For Gaz's sake, who now has to deal with the guy again, I shall stay politely quiet with my thoughts about the individual.

If anyone knows the individual, they might want to bear the behaviour of the individual in mind before engaging in any commercial activity with them. :|
Last edited by Marlowe on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gazchap

Post by gazchap »

Just to clarify, the buyer didn't report me to eBay or anything in the end and all was resolved with the original listing.
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

Sorry Gaz - have struck that part out now to prevent you further aggro.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Marlowe wrote:Unbelievably this sold the second time around at only £2,250 - to the same guy who won the first auction, refused to pay the previous £2,800 sale price.

WTF :shock:

He had the cheek to have a go at me (via pm on mr2oc) for my comments in this thread (which he's not even read, 'a friend' told him).

As said, I've based my opinion on him purely on his actions. So this only reaffirms that.
adamshaw

Post by adamshaw »

Your jokin sold 2250 - i would relist it considering the previous agro

Return to “MR2s for Sale”