advise on flexi exhaust part needed

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

mr2sparky

advise on flexi exhaust part needed

Post by mr2sparky »

hi i need to replace the flexi part for my exhaust . my car is mk 2 rev 2 93 20. 16v . ive been on web site exhaust parts uk and they do stainless steel part for around £25 . can these be fitted is my first question and if so im not sure about size as one end is 49 mm and other end is 51 mm . i will phone the company tomorrow but im sure you guys on here will have more knowledge . im planning on fitting the clamp on type as i dont weld
HughesR1

Re: advise on flexi exhaust part needed

Post by HughesR1 »

Just replaced the entire pipe on here as a member sold me an almost new one for £50 +P. Its worth going to a couple of garages and just asking if they can weld it up etc but mine was totally ******. They said it is possible to cut just the flexi but its quite awkward on our downpipe.

Put a wanted ad up if you do wanna replace it as I know a few guys have them :thumleft:
mr2sparky

Re: advise on flexi exhaust part needed

Post by mr2sparky »

Thanx for advise . Spoke to my mechanic and I've orderd a clamp on one . Let you know how it goes

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”