MK2 Aquamatic Pearl (N/A atm)- "Screamer"

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Road_Rebel

MK2 Aquamatic Pearl (N/A atm)- "Screamer"

Post by Road_Rebel »

Hello guys,

Since I have been spending quite a bit of money on my car and doing a lot of the work myself, Magic Beans suggested that i make a build thread on my car :)

The goal i want to achieve with Screamer is to own a car which is quick for road use yet still comfortable to go touring in (I love camping and new scenery)

The name was given to her by my old work colleagues due to noise she makes. Its very unique and literally sounds like ts screaming; this is due to having a decat and an exhaust off a turbo with no baffles, she is loud!

For the past 2 or 3 months ive spent most my time cleaning up and improving the inside of the car the best I can. This includes nearly spending 1k in ICE alone (Thank you tax rebate :D)

Pictures to come very soon!
Magic Beans

Re: MK2 Aquamatic Pearl (N/A atm)- "Screamer"

Post by Magic Beans »

:thumleft:

Photos please :mrgreen:

Although the name creates quite a mental image in my head :-#
Road_Rebel

Post by Road_Rebel »

This was her as standard...

The one modification she had for many years....

And this is how she is sat now... (Shes had crystal indies fitted since this shot)

Down in a Weymouth Camp site

There is still a lot to be done before i'll feel satisfied with her.

More pics to come of the ICE so far....
craig

Post by craig »

Looking good, latest wheels look spot on :D
mr2sparky

Post by mr2sparky »

looking good . loving the wheels
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Mighty fine camera work there too :thumleft:
Road_Rebel

Post by Road_Rebel »

Thanks bud, been doing the photography for a while now, having decent kit helps :)
Road_Rebel

Post by Road_Rebel »

Bought a Toyosports exhaust off Oddshoes yesterday. Been cleaning it for about 2/3 hours.

Will post before and after pictures once complete.
oddshoes

Post by oddshoes »

It was good to meet you the other day Daniel love the old split rim advans but the volks on there sit perfect great choice
Road_Rebel

Post by Road_Rebel »

i need to post the pictures of the exhaust before and after cleaning... and of course fitted to the car!!!

Another update, turns out i thought i bought a steering rack off someone on here but my dad seems to think it isnt one (still packaged up) he thinks its too small to be one
wilki

Post by wilki »

Ah remember seeing them photos with the euro style corsa d on the oc, Still look good 8) , should put the rest of them pics up :thumleft:

Nice looking 2 there bud :thumleft:
Road_Rebel

Post by Road_Rebel »

thanks wilki, a lot of them pictures are just of the corsa though, didnt think they really fit in an mr2 build thread, i may just add random pictures that i have taken to each post i make in this thread, which some how orientate around the car/ car world.

So Audio (ICE) is what i have been currently working on over the past 2 or 3 months

Since these cars are aimed more toward performance im guessing majority of people won't care about this update but i love music and everything you see has been done by my self!

My current set up is a 600 watt RMS 10" sub wired up to a 1ohm 640 watt RMS mono amp, this produces some lovely drops for a 10, favourite genre of music atm is Dubstep (Excision, Funtcase and 16 bit are my top artists atm, go check them out if your into that genre of music)

MB Quart Component 6.5" speakers, Competition Spec. Now the new amp i just fitted is a 4 channel, before you ask the question "why did he buy a 4 channel amp if he isn't running rear speakers (Forgot to mention, I have no rear speakers) the answer to your question is i have converted it to 2 channel and now run the the tweeters and woofers to each channel. By doing this, i am now running active cross overs and i can play with the pass filters and also the gain separate between the tweeters and woofers. The quality is awesome.

Work beginning on the second amp...

Completed and fitted with in the car after some tuning....

The head unit im running is Pioneer 7" touch screen with many cool features

Pictures of sub, speakers and head unit to come.

I have also recently fitted a new single exit 4-1 header toyo sports exhaust

This has bought back my low end torque which i lost due to now back pressure in the old system
marshiboi

Post by marshiboi »

Nice work so far, loving the wheels in particular!

Was it the steering rack you received in the end?

What are your future plans performance wise!
Road_Rebel

Post by Road_Rebel »

Thanks dude, the wheels i stumbled upon purely by fluke! My MR2 was off the road and i had no intention of putting it back on, this was because i had given up trying to find a set of rims for it.

Whilst on ebay at work looking at motorbikes which is what i wanted at the time, i thought i would look for a set of staggered rims one last time.... First listing that came p was the RAYS, i messaged the user if i could buy them straight up, we agreed on a price and i picked them up that weekend. Drove for about 4 or 5 hours just to pick them up, first time i had driven a great distance for car parts.

Yeah it was, i was meant to have it fitted today but couldn't due to my sleeping pattern, working nights again :(

Performance wise im not sure yet, seems that turbo engines you can get big numbers easily but aren't all reliable where as the V6 is a much more relaxed drive but its hard to hit the same figures as a turbo.... So im still undecided about which engine.

I know i want to buy some BC coilovers but im afraid they might be to crashy for where i live....

Return to “Member Profiles”