Painting my car myself..

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2mad

Re: Painting my car myself..

Post by 2mad »

A.BLAKE wrote:

Oh fear not... This issue is also being addressed.. I have mulled over the idea of running a live wire from the mains to the body work of my car.. However my friend owns a security instillation company and said he can provide me with a in car camera that should capture any acts of vandalism and actually be legal to submit in court.. These people are top snobs.... The thing i want to do most is actually send the police to their door and demand compensation...

Lol it made the news in the mid 90's.. This chap wired his cosworth's door handles to the mains because his was sick of car thieves trying to steal his car. I had a rs white lightning at the time ( That had been broken into many times) and thought " Nice one, serves them right " the electrocuted car thief and the police didn't.
The chaps argument was " he had no business touching the car " Again the car thief, police and judge didn't see it that way :lol:

I would point a motion activated ir camera at the car, see if you can catch the bu88ers in the act :twisted: ..

Kev.
Harv23

Paint

Post by Harv23 »

Just get a gun you'll get a way with a brush but you'll have lots and lots and lots and lots of sanding to get even close to Good finish and for the noise just take exhaust off for a couple of weeks when u put it back on it be like heaven to them lol :mrgreen:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

To be fair, some bloke that lives in a flat a few down from me has a bike that sounds like it's got no exhaust on it, and he's doing my t1ts in!
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Post by loudandproud205 »

I've been rollering my MR2 and it looks master bates, but then that is the look I want.

Would I advise anyone else doing it? Not in this life

Looks xxxx, no shine, paint goes textured, yeah you could cut and polish the paint back for a decent finish but really you need to much time on your hands.

But would I change mine NO WAY \:D/

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
Harv23

Post by Harv23 »

StevieL wrote:To be fair, some bloke that lives in a flat a few down from me has a bike that sounds like it's got no exhaust on it, and he's doing my t1ts in!

So if he put some sort of exhaust on it guessing u would be pleased :lol:
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

Get some material on that xxxx boy! My mate Ted wrapped his mini in material leopard print. Material is your bag! He comes out the shops to groups of girls stroking it. Now that's a strong look. :lol:
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

I know someone with a carpet warehouse.

Cover the exterior in a nice carpet. You wouldn't need to wash either, just give it a quick hoover.
rgb

Post by rgb »

go urban camo

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”