My rev 3 tubby with pics! Update pic heavy..

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

A.BLAKE

My rev 3 tubby with pics! Update pic heavy..

Post by A.BLAKE »

Finally happy with the tubby.. Went out for a blast today and shes running sweeeeet found some amazing roads out in essex. 1.2 bar, air intake, blitz SS, IC custom p.works piping, japspeed exhaust de-cat, rebuilt head.

Big shout out to Luke for all his excellent work....

I was thinking about border kit, but i love driving the bumpy, dippy a-roads and im always scraping the front lip as it is.
Obviously would like some more power but for the roads it is all ready verrry fast...

Last edited by A.BLAKE on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David-Edmond

Re: My rev 3 tubby with pics! Update pic heavy..

Post by David-Edmond »

Looking real good buddy :D
craig

Post by craig »

Yep, car looks smart.
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Did manage to fully cook the brakes while out driving so that definitely needs attention.. :shock:
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

excellent wheel choice

:lol:
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

Hows the dumpvalve working mate? :thumleft:

Seen your car up at lukes a few times, also he wants to make an ally skidplate at some point so you dont have to worry about scraping! :thumleft:

A.BLAKE wrote:Did manage to fully cook the brakes while out driving so that definitely needs attention.. :shock:

Get some carbotec pads and some new brake fluid, or get the wms 4 pot kit \:D/
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Hows the dumpvalve working mate?

Sorry, forgot to mention.. Dump Valve is Awesome!!!! (unlike the one MR2forlife sld me that didnt work :mad:)
Cheers for that mate..Its soooooooo loud.... Absolutely love it... Has your car got gold advans on it at moment? Where do you go driving??

Was going to with CRN grooved with red stuff and some new fluid and lines, I dont track it.. More a-road stuff.. Yesterday was the first time i have felt the limits of the stock set up and i was pounding it.... Do like the WMS kit though but Luke mentioned some problems with pads shifting or something, how are they on yours?

Brake caliper envy!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Image[/quote]
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

A.BLAKE wrote:
Sorry, forgot to mention.. Dump Valve is Awesome!!!! (unlike the one MR2forlife sld me that didnt work :mad:)
Cheers for that mate..Its soooooooo loud.... Absolutely love it... Has your car got gold advans on it at moment? Where do you go driving??

Was going to with CRN grooved with red stuff and some new fluid and lines, I dont track it.. More a-road stuff.. Yesterday was the first time i have felt the limits of the stock set up and i was pounding it.... Do like the WMS kit though but Luke mentioned some problems with pads shifting or something, how are they on yours?

Brake caliper envy!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200 ... CF0019.jpg

It never seemed that loud on my car, but it was hooked up to ST205 cc! Yeah mines the black one with gold advans, which used to be oldskoolhardcores car and my old green one on ssrs which is being broken.

I had redstuffs and they didnt seem very good imho, when I got the carbotechs I couldnt belive the difference. Personaly id spend more on pads and just use standard discs as i feel the pad compound is going to make more of a difference. I was going to check out hawk or poterfield pads at some point as the us guys seem to rate them.
The wms calipers are awesome, luke was talking about the cotter pins that hold the pads in. All it needed was like a couple mins pulling the cotter pins nice and tight to stop the pads rattling around at slow speed.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Nice clean engine bay. That's what I like to see :thumleft:
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Hmmm more bits on the way.. Catch can for some bling, Apexi Intake to replace the tired old KnN, braided hoses...... Hoping to get it all in for the japshow :D
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Someone told me "you cant polish the x bar and the heat shields". Really need to sort the intake and catch can but its getting there. :lol:

Got some very nice wheels for a very nice price

Good bye Rotas.... Hello SSR Gartmaiers... \:D/

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320896522286? ... _500wt_715
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Both fronts buckled, but.... getting them fully straightened and refurbished...

Thats what you get for bragging about what i bargain you got :lol:

My rear indicators are not red its just the pic but i might tint them now!
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Hmm small update.. Just love taking pics of the car :mrgreen:

Cleaned up the SSRs, they are going to look amazing after the refurb, cant quite decide on what colour to do the centers, thinking mayby rose goldy colour..

New brakes will look nice snuggled behind them as well might even have to paint the calipers :oops:

Return to “Member Profiles”