anti roll bar

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nath severs

anti roll bar

Post by nath severs »

hi does anyone know of any pre made and drills plates which can be welded to the chassis then the antiroll roll bar to the plates ,ive just ripped another arb from the chassis ,cheers
nath severs

Re: anti roll bar

Post by nath severs »

nath severs wrote:hi does anyone know of any pre made and drills plates which can be welded to the chassis then the antiroll roll bar to the plates ,ive just ripped another arb from the chassis ,cheers
PRE MADE AND DRILLED that was supposed to say ?
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

Give us a bit more info.

Rev1s had a well-known issue with the chassis cracking between ARB mounting holes, but those areas were strengthened in later cars.

What Revision? What size bar? I would have thought any competent welder could strengthen the area properly for you.
nath severs

Post by nath severs »

Peter Gidden - SBITS wrote:Give us a bit more info.

Rev1s had a well-known issue with the chassis cracking between ARB mounting holes, but those areas were strengthened in later cars.

What Revision? What size bar? I would have thought any competent welder could strengthen the area properly for you.
hi thanks for replying this time is was a 91 import with a gen 3 motor in it ,but ive done it with rev 2 and 3 all the same corner going up saltburn bank,the area around it is really solid ,i got told there was a strenghening plate which moved wieght to a third point on the chassis ,i was going to weld it then fit this plate if it exists lol
smartdj

Post by smartdj »

iv seen the plate you mean. i think it was someone like ems from the states who were doing them.

mine snapped off a few years ago due to my friend jacking the car up on my front arb mount. had it welded and its never been an issue since.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”