Border Bonnet from Shaf - First Fit

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DannyW

Re: Border Bonnet from Shaf - First Fit

Post by DannyW »

Cheers mate, Just got p*ssed off with it after about an hour of messing with it. perhaps if i have another go next weekend when i have more time i might get it to sit a bit flatter then whack it down with my bonnet pins (which were delivered this morning) then it might be ok. the worst thing was that it wasn't holding in the latch mechanism, no matter how hard i pushed down on the boonet it just wouldnt hold and kept popping back out. a bit of tinkering is in order i think!
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Rowland_W wrote:I'd like to see one on a white turbo to see exactly how it looks. :D

You read my mind... :wink:
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by DannyW »

Hey Nige, just noticed on the pictures page on your website, in the background on the 12th pic is my car! yay! that must have been back when i had my engine transplant done.

Sorry to change the subject like but i was just a bit chuffed!

Cheers!
DannyW
craig

Post by craig »

DannyW wrote:At least i fitted my dump valve today with no problems.

How's it sound mate? Any problems ie stalling etc

Bet you're like a pig in xxxx 8)
RussMR2

Post by RussMR2 »

DannyW wrote:Right just got back in from "trying" to fit the bonnet. Didn't have much luck TBH. the bonnet appears to be twisted a bit so it sticks up at one side like Steve's did. and the latch doesnt hold it down at the front either, it just seems to pop back out when i try and push it down. Got a little bit frustrated with it in the end so i just stuck the old one back on and came in for a cup of tea! :cry:

Cheers!
DannyW

Could be one of a couple of problems.
Either the mould is out of shape ( causing the problem )
Or
With mass produce ( taking out of the mould too soon )
and storing incorrect.
These things occur.
I leave my products in the moulds for a couple of days to cure properly then store correctly not to cause warpage.

Buying cheaper abroad is not always the best option. As many have found out.
just my 2 penneth.

Russ
RMG Developments
www.revision6.com
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

Cheers Russ, is there anything that can be done to re-shape it? or is it a lost cause?

Cheers!
DannyW
RussMR2

Post by RussMR2 »

as a couple have suggested.
Bonnet pins!!!!!!!!!

Russ
RMG Developments
www.revision6.com
Baker

Post by Baker »

Kieron wrote:"Tainted a really nice car"???? WTF???

Car looks great mate. I much prefer them on black cars. Put them on any other coloured car and the uninitiated will say "when you going to paint your bonnet"......

Looks fantastic mate.

Nice one. Well done Shaf too.

I meant his black car was very nice before adding a grey bonnet to it and in my opinion 'tainting' the proper look.

i forgot that were werent allowed our own opinions on here. do apologise. :?
CUERVO

Post by CUERVO »

Cheers mate, Just got p*ssed off with it after about an hour of messing with it. perhaps if i have another go next weekend when i have more time i might get it to sit a bit flatter then whack it down with my bonnet pins (which were delivered this morning) then it might be ok. the worst thing was that it wasn't holding in the latch mechanism, no matter how hard i pushed down on the boonet it just wouldnt hold and kept popping back out. a bit of tinkering is in order i think!

I've got the same prob with the latch so I've just used the bonnet pins to hold them down!!!! Aly 1 got a solution plz let me know!!!
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

Not sure really mate, i've got a feeling the latch will need moving over and maybe up a little to work properly. I'm having another go at it next weekend so i'll let you know how I get on. Did your bonnet sit flat all the way round? What sort of pins have you used?

Cheers!
DannyW
CUERVO

Post by CUERVO »

Just normal pins from halfords the hood sit will'ish cant complain just latch wont work!!! I've moved the latch about but still the same! :(
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Its gona be worth it in the end isnt though Danny? hope them house bricks.....im mean bonnet pins sort the problem out in time for the meet up, would like to have a butchers at one of these bonnets that are making a big noise on imoc at the moment .

Mike
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
DannyW

Post by DannyW »

Yeah Mike it'll be worth it. just hate these damn cold dark nights, hate having to wait until the weekend to do anything!!!

Return to “Modifications”