How to get an independent valuation of my Rev 3 Turbo for divorce settlement

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Whitey

How to get an independent valuation of my Rev 3 Turbo for divorce settlement

Post by Whitey »

I can get online valuations for UK models but having trouble for imports.
I've sold one car and we'll split the proceeds 50/50 but I want to keep the turbo. She wants half the value of it.
How can I find that out?
It's a Rev 3 GT Tbar Turbo with about 100k miles in average condition.
Paid £2600 for it 2 years ago and she reckons it's somehow worth £3k?
:-k
vtecpower

Re: How to get an independent valuation of my Rev 3 Turbo for divorce settlement

Post by vtecpower »

Whitey wrote:I can get online valuations for UK models but having trouble for imports.
I've sold one car and we'll split the proceeds 50/50 but I want to keep the turbo. She wants half the value of it.
How can I find that out?
It's a Rev 3 GT Tbar Turbo with about 100k miles in average condition.
Paid £2600 for it 2 years ago and she reckons it's somehow worth £3k?
:-k

dont want to be rude or anything buddy but just valve it at a UK model so you dont have to give her as much :thumleft:
Whitey

Re: How to get an independent valuation of my Rev 3 Turbo for divorce settlement

Post by Whitey »

My thoughts exactly :lol:
Trade £700 Private £900 Auction £800
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Get your mate to buy if from you, then buy it back later.

I'd advertise it in the local free ads as spare or repair just for back up.

Not really a hard one.
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

probs 1500 tops

sorry to see your having to do this tho bud
vtecpower

Post by vtecpower »

dazzz wrote:Get your mate to buy if from you, then buy it back later.

I'd advertise it in the local free ads as spare or repair just for back up.

Not really a hard one.

oww this is naughty i like it :thumleft:
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Don't mind giving her half, even though I brought it specifically with my redundancy money as a present to myself for 10 years in a master bates job.
And the other car she wants half of was brought for me by my parents with their life savings that they wanted to spend on their kids a they had no use for it.
Women :evil:
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Don't mind giving her half, even though I brought it specifically with my redundancy money as a present to myself for 10 years in a master bates job.
And the other car she wants half of was brought for me by my parents with their life savings that they wanted to spend on their kids a they had no use for it.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

It's ok saying you don't mind giving her half now. 12 months down the line you'll be kicking yourself, and without the extra cash in your pocket.

Women are ruthless when it comes to money. It may seem hard now but F'em.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

If she wants half the car, give her half the car . . . . literally.

keep the rear clip for your next project and drop the front end round your ex's, everyone's happy O:) .

Kev.
les85

Post by les85 »

2mad wrote:If she wants half the car, give her half the car . . . . literally.

keep the rear clip for your next project and drop the front end round your ex's, everyone's happy O:) .

Kev.

Lol :lol:

Either that or you can buy her a dildo and tell her what to do with it :thumleft:
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

Sounds like a plan :twisted:
djpkins

Post by djpkins »

let her have it man...just undo all the hose joints a bit first and snap the water temp sensor... that'll do her head right in....lol. :thumleft:
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

2mad wrote:If she wants half the car, give her half the car . . . . literally.

Kev.

thats not a bad idea really.

if you kept the rear end you could get 2k+ if you broke it all down and sold in parts... :lol:
Poker Face

Post by Poker Face »

We buy any car.com they always kick you in the nuts and you could print the screen/email off as proof.
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Poker Face wrote:We buy any car.com they always kick you in the nuts and you could print the screen/email off as proof.

^^^this
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Whitey wrote: the other car she wants half of was brought for me by my parents with their life savings that they wanted to spend on their kids a they had no use for it.

Heres what I dont understand. . If your parents bought a car with their life savings *for you to use it as the registered keeper*. Why would you ex be entitled to half of something your parents own? :wink:

Cut and past from ask the police.uk.. .

A registration document (V5) is not proof of ownership. The registered keeper should be the person who is actually using / keeping the vehicle and this is not necessarily the owner of the vehicle or the person who is paying for it.

He is the person responsible for the vehicle so far as official communications from the police/DVLA etc., *but the owner is the person who put up the cash*.

The DVLA make a point of saying that the person named on the registration document is not necessarily the owner.

:arrow: just dont say it was given to you as a gift.

Just a thought. .

Kev.
Whitey

Post by Whitey »

They gave me £5k to spend on something "to make me happy"
I put the money in the bank and brought a 2000 plate 4.6 Range Rover Vogue, It certainly put a smile on my face :lol:
Unfortunately the money came from our account so it'd be solicitors fees of £1000's to prove it was my parents money.

I'll know better next time, but you never think when you're happy!
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Bloody women ..... :evil:

Tell her you want half of her make up and clothes and see what she says.
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

Mike 'MR2' McHugh wrote:Bloody women ..... :evil:

Tell her you want half of her make up and clothes and see what she says.

this ^^ :thumleft:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”