Mirrored Glass T-bar panels

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Neil_turbo

Re: Mirrored Glass T-bar panels

Post by Neil_turbo »

Best way to maximise the heat in the cab is to fit aluminium door cards, a roll cage that prevents the t-bars being removed, and then forget to reconnect the electric window switch.

Also good to then, on one of the hottest days of the year, let Lauren drive it to tatton whilst mark and I go in a lovely air conditioned van :-p
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

I've found the best way to maximize heat in a Mk1 cabin is to put a V8 on the other side of it :D
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

GT6s are like ovens in the Summer

The heat from the big six comes back towards you

Have a Spit body to put on one of mine

Just need the time to do it
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Neil_turbo wrote:

Also good to then, on one of the hottest days of the year, let Lauren drive it to tatton whilst mark and I go in a lovely air conditioned van :-p

LOL! Cheers for that, had Indy with me as well. It was sweltering. Just to make matters worse I forgot something and had to pop home again in it, though on that occasion I had one of the t bar panels out!

I remember very well why I only have car with with AC these days!
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

Mission accomplished, very happy with them.

I really need to wash this car.

munter

Post by munter »

Nice one Paul! I do think you need a darker shade of red to go with them though.

I'm still waiting for my eBay roof panel replacements to arrive. They were paid for ages before you bought those mirror ones... better not rain tonight!

P
Fab4MR2

Post by Fab4MR2 »

Congratulations on a great buy. Cannot believe what bargain prices some things sell for on your side of the pond, lol. If I had seen those I might have bought them and imported them just to resell, as I could have easily covered the shipping cost, and then some over here.

You'll love them. I finally put my set on about a week ago for the first time. Had to dig them out of storage after having moved. With weather getting so hot around here now I am really glad that I bought them. They make a big difference in heat reflection. Also, from a ground level view you really hardly notice the mirrored effect (I also have a super red). Mine look more just like dark tinted panels, unless viewed from above, like your pics, or like the regular t-tops with sunshades attached underneath. I was at a large MR2 get together over this last weekend, and not a single person realized I had a set of mirrored t-tops on the car until I pointed it out at the very end. Couldn't let them go completely to waste, lol.
IanParkhouse

Post by IanParkhouse »

elbon50 wrote:GT6s are like ovens in the Summer

Off topic

Biggest thing that lets heat into the GT6 is degradation of the transmisson tunnel seals . While you're swapping the body (Though why you'd want to ruin those looks :cry: ) get some zircoflex installed and replace the seals
http://www.zircotec.com/page/heatshield_products/97

I fancy another GT6 but it'd need 200BHP and one of these GRP bodies http://www.triumphspitfirelemans.com/
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

IanParkhouse wrote:
elbon50 wrote:GT6s are like ovens in the Summer

Off topic

Biggest thing that lets heat into the GT6 is degradation of the transmisson tunnel seals . While you're swapping the body (Though why you'd want to ruin those looks :cry: ) get some zircoflex installed and replace the seals
http://www.zircotec.com/page/heatshield_products/97

I fancy another GT6 but it'd need 200BHP and one of these GRP bodies http://www.triumphspitfirelemans.com/

Would like to continue this discussion :)

Will open a thread in "OffTopic"
IanParkhouse

Post by IanParkhouse »

elbon50 wrote:

Would like to continue this discussion :)

Will open a thread in "OffTopic"

Feel free 8)

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”