[Mk2] [Turbo] Blitz ECU Performace Differance???

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

alanmr2turbo

[Mk2] [Turbo] Blitz ECU Performace Differance???

Post by alanmr2turbo »

Has anyone fitted a Blitz Access ECU to their tubby?

If so did you notice much differance in performance between stock ECU?
platmatt8

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Blitz ECU Performace Differance???

Post by platmatt8 »

Don`t you map them to your own requirements? I wasn't aware they can with and parameters programmed into them.
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

they are programmed in Japan and none mappable in the UK

They are meant to be plug and play. Take off the fuel cut, raise boost and rev level, more agressive fueling.

I have one for a REV1 which im going to Fit to my REV2 as i was told i would only need the change the ignitor to get it running
2tmike

ECU

Post by 2tmike »

You'll need to check the pins, Rev 1 and 2 are different so a little wiring is needed.
The biggest difference I noticed on a rev 2 was eliminating the boost cut that the std ECU has. Power felt slightly better but not much, and economy was hard to judge
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

alanmr2turbo wrote:they are programmed in Japan and none mappable in the UK

They are meant to be plug and play. Take off the fuel cut, raise boost and rev level, more agressive fueling.

I have one for a REV1 which im going to Fit to my REV2 as i was told i would only need the change the ignitor to get it running

I am sure the Rev 1 ignitor will work with it
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

yeah thats what im hoping as if you fit the rev1 ignitor its meant to stop me ripping the ECU so i was told.

If it dont then the ECU is going on Flebay
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

The problem with ECUs like that is that they're mapped to a specific list of modifications that the buyer requested when it was ordered new from Blitz. You've no idea (and no way of finding out) what changes are incorporated into the ECU. It might run worse on a standard car. It might be mapped for 105RON fuel! You can't tell.

Also, they're not non mappable in the UK - they're non mappable full stop.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
2tmike

Blitz ecu

Post by 2tmike »

I'm not sure if that's absolutely right...
When I looked into it, the Blitz ( and probably mines and sard ) ecu's were modified by adding a Tecktom board programmed to a standard 'modified ' engine spec ie assuming basic induction and exhaust mods but not much else. I don't know about the timing vs fuel RON issue. As such, I would be really surprised if there was any difference between Blitz 'rev1 ecu's. After all, as a company, they buy in stuff and rebrand it rather than being bespoke tuners, same as TRD and the others. OK, shoot !!!
2mad

Post by 2mad »

To run a rev1 ecu on a rev2 "all" you need to do is repin your loom.
or see if you can get hold of a boomslang loom if you dont fancy messing with your cars loom (pictured bellow).

I have had a blitz ecu and currently run a mines (djpkins old ecu) and their great even at the same boost levels eg. 0.9 bar sandard ecu vs 0.9 bar blitz ecu. The cars faster and way more aggressive :twisted: + these ecu's have proper boost maps up to 1.2bar and thats perfect if your running a ct20b like me :mrgreen:.

Kev.

ps. iirr these ecu's are mapped for 100 octane fuel but 99 vpower's fine.
vtecpower

Re: Blitz ecu

Post by vtecpower »

2tmike wrote:I'm not sure if that's absolutely right...
When I looked into it, the Blitz ( and probably mines and sard ) ecu's were modified by adding a Tecktom board programmed to a standard 'modified ' engine spec ie assuming basic induction and exhaust mods but not much else. I don't know about the timing vs fuel RON issue. As such, I would be really surprised if there was any difference between Blitz 'rev1 ecu's. After all, as a company, they buy in stuff and rebrand it rather than being bespoke tuners, same as TRD and the others. OK, shoot !!!

+1
jon

Post by jon »

The Blitz PC23710-T ECUs don't have the usual TechTom board inside them, they have a Blitz specific piggyback board fitted that intercepts and modifies some of the internal ECU signals.

A schematic, datasheet of the CPU and EEPROM dump are available at http://www.assembla.com/code/3SGTE_ECU/ ... itz?rev=83
greeny

Post by greeny »

I hope anyone running one of these rom tunes has had it checked on a dyno by someone who knows what they're doing.
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Chris

Post by Chris »

The gains from these over priced ecu's is little to none. I have had them on many cars and swapped them out with stock ones. No difference at all.

I had a Blitz ecu on a Rev 3 turbo, swapped it with JJ at york raceway. Did a run and did the exact same time... Load of expense for no gain.

Years ago we used to give these away! I have no idea why suddenly people think they are worth anything. :roll:

A stock ecu will run 1.2 Bar all day long, just grab a Paul Port FCD if running a Rev 3. Or any old FCD/boost cut defender for the earlyer cars.

And as Greeny said, the maps are unknown and unchecked. Could be doing more harm than good.
greeny

Post by greeny »

You'd get more performance from a £20 boost controller, and a fcd.
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

I already have an EBC and FCD running .8 & 1 bar of boost

I just thought it was meant to have a better fueling map but judging by the response i think im wasting my time and energy fitting it and the REV1 ignitor.

Nothing lost though as i picked this ECU up for only £25
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

You get better gains (certainly in the fuel map) from running an ST205 ECU, which you can pick up from eBay for about £30, but you can only do that with a rev3 or higher.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
alanmr2turbo

Post by alanmr2turbo »

think i will save my time and effort doing the rev3 conversion then

So the ST205 ECU would be the same as the REV3 MR2 ECU? As those go for silly money
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

alanmr2turbo wrote:think i will save my time and effort doing the rev3 conversion then

So the ST205 ECU would be the same as the REV3 MR2 ECU? As those go for silly money

Rev3 turbo ECUs are desireable to the GT4 guys because it lets them ditch the chargecooler for a big FMIC... whereas the chargecooler is more desireable to us. Easy to find a swap!

The ECUs aren't the same, but I picked up 2 while I had my MR2 and one was £35 and the other was £50. You just need to make sure it's a JDM one and either stick some resistors on it to make it think the chargecooler is there or fit one :)
megamonkeyman

Post by megamonkeyman »

toxo wrote:You get better gains (certainly in the fuel map) from running an ST205 ECU, which you can pick up from eBay for about £30, but you can only do that with a rev3 or higher.

How much performance are we talking??
bolton

Post by bolton »

I run a Mines ecu, hks indiction kit and 0.9 bar of boost. Still have cat and standard intercooler and on the rollers made 285bhp (fly)!
This was on my rev2! So i think the ecu helped!

Return to “Modifications”