My Heavily modified rev5 turbo. Making progress :0)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nitric4k

Re: My Heavily modified rev5 turbo. Making progress :0)

Post by nitric4k »

when somone says there expecting pay about 60% of askin price is the normal ebay rubbish which is why you didnt get a reply, its a time waisting excercise.
to not let any question go unanswered after reading this thread, original price stands only. End of debate.

There are plenty of cheapas^ kits about you wont problem finding one with your budget good luck in your hunt :thumleft:
CardHore

Post by CardHore »

I think he does mean corolla, theres only a handful ever made. An MR2 in RedLine mag had one on it.
Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

B fair it was 65% lol. I av managed to get intouch with bloke who supplies rogues kits. Toms sides with winglets £220. I think I have got a original toms front 200ish. Sum p style spats for rear and jobs a carrot. Got a black turbo engine lid £50 so 700 inc painting and it's like a new en... :0). I appreciate you get what you pay for that's why I have that car but sometimes you have to try ya luck don't ya. Sorry if I offended you in any way matey. No offense intended.
Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

It is that manifold. The Waste gate bolts straight into the manifold and gt35 fits straight on. At sum point that manifold will av been on a rally car :0). U hear of them selling between 1k and 1500 quid!!! People say they are made from inconel but there not I don't think.

It's nice to know nobody believed me tho haha.
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

They're really not joking about the cheap bodykits. I was dumb enough to go and do it myself and the kit is bloody awful. It fits, thanks to the bodyshop being able to modify them to, but it cost at least if not more than the decent kits in the first place, not to mention the kit is likely to ripple as soon as it starts getting hot due to how thin it is. I'll stick with it for a while, but soon as I've got spare cash floating about, I'm going on the hunt for a better one :D
Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

I agree with what ya sayin but this is why I'm not buyin cheap. I'm sure the rogue kits are decent quality matey.
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

russ does make good kits :)

ibe had one in the past :thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

No worries. I may have some (genuine) Phoenix spats from what I can tell. They're certainly not the usual material that I've come to know as far as bodykits go and they've got proper fixings on them, rather than having to make them fit. I test fit them and they were perfect on mine. Soon as I've got premium (soon!) i'll be throwing them up for sale (And no this is not an advert people! They are not for sale until then - don't want to get in trouble for circumventing the system :D)

Assuming you mean this style, that is. Anyhow, if they're wrong I'm sure someone will point it out to me :)
Jasonb123

New alternator setup :0)

Post by Jasonb123 »

Gone for a gt4 setup now. Works a treat :0). Was worried it was goin to look a bit Much up there but I'm pleased with it.
Kitch

Post by Kitch »

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:
Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

I now have some rogue projector headlights too. She's coming on a treat!! Got the sides and rear second hand already in black and lights off a chap in Rochdale. :0)
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

You shyster, I wanted those lights :lol: To be fair, I have had most of the other bits :mrgreen:

Car's looking good :thumleft: What exhaust is that?
Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

It's a handmade exhaust with a power flow back box. Haha I have never heard of them before. I can't have a normal exhaust because of intercooler vent. You had his turbo haven't you? And power fc?? Like vultures aren't we hahah
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Looks good. What's it like for noise etc?

Yeah, I had the ECU and turbo, amongst other bits :whistle: Getting it all on Sunday.
Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

Loud haha. Sounds well though. When I'm giving it some beans it sounds amazing fires flames out like a rally car haha. Where you goin to take it for mapping and boost are you thinking of running? Was it a 3071 turbo he had? How's he goin on with the bits has he got rid of most of em? Was a nice kid. My mates having the arb's off him.
Rob B

Post by Rob B »

Jasonb123 wrote: Was it a 3071 turbo he had? How's he goin on with the bits has he got rid of most of em? Was a nice kid.

:lol: :lol: Cheers Jason

Its running a 3076r and yes most the bits are now gone. I think Phil should look at around 1.5bar. It should be good for 450hp. Ryan 2bar is the man for the Power FC.

Your cars looking minted :thumleft: ...I used to have one similar :cry:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

As above :mrgreen:

Been looking into the launch control functionality of the PFC. Looks interesting :D

Would be good to see a video of your exhaust doing the whole flaming inferno trick :thumleft:
Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

Am going to yvs later so I mite get him to put my launch control back on. Is it same as motec on that 1? Just like a zero speed rev limiter?
Jasonb123

Post by Jasonb123 »

Cheers rob :thumleft:

It's surprising how much difference the bits have made. It's like a different car!!

Return to “Member Profiles”