ignition components

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

MR2O12

ignition components

Post by MR2O12 »

My cars not feeling that sharp so wanted to renew these phoned toyota and there quoting 77 odd quid for the dist cap and 13 for rotor arm! On a thred in the knodledge section someones wrote they paid 13.76 a.d 8.45 fot there uk car. So why the huge difference!?

Could i get away with just changing arm + plugs? And what about the "oe spec" parts on ebay? Anyone used aftermarket dizzy caps and arms?? :silent:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Re: ignition components

Post by toxo »

I've used a blueprint one before. Wouldn't use another one - Toyota ones last miles longer. If you can get hold of a copper contact one or make one yourself, you won't need to buy one again for a loooooooooong time.

You can always pop the cap off and see what sort of state the contacts are in.

It's the same part for turbo or UK cars so there should be no difference in price. Person is probably quoting prices from another manufacturer.
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
MR2O12

Post by MR2O12 »

If you go to knolodge base, its the how to stop missfires prevent flatspot thred on the first page. Yeah im going to pop it off and maybe try and clean up the points abit. Even if they are copper 77 quid seems a rip off. But i supose there not known as the main stealers for nothing! Thanks
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

All dealer parts are expensive. That's life. However, as toxo says, they're normally the best quality.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”