Got stance?

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Got stance?

Post by craig »

Just came across this awesome bad boy and had to share:

=P~
Al-sw20

Re: Got stance?

Post by Al-sw20 »

Love it.

Haters gon hate soon though.
Nic

Post by Nic »

platmatt8

Post by platmatt8 »

Is that the one off YouTube that has the tyres touching the arches??
craig

Post by craig »

:thumleft:

Yeah, realized after posting that it was the car with the wheels that leave rubber on the arches. :mrgreen:

The wheels themselves look awesome, but the car needs raising somewhat :lol:
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

looks mean, but anyone else noticed the huge shut line gap between the bonnet and front bumper?
Harold

Post by Harold »

Wheels are nice looking, but waaay too big and just because a car has been "slammed" doesn't make it cool, it Needs raising so at least the tyres don't rub.

I don't get all this stance b0ll0cks.
Infamous

Post by Infamous »

^Different strokes for different folks.
I appreciate what these guys do as they push boundaries.
Its not the case where they have just bought an oversized set of wheels and then lowered there cars.
Achieving a good stance is much more than that.
If you read through their threads on the US boards a lot of thought and planning goes into their stance, camber, tyres etc and what they can get away with.
I personally couldn't do this as where I live the roads are super xxxx but I think it makes forgreat pictures and its also very informative for others in terms of what works and what won't on an mr2. :thumleft:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

It's not a question of what works here.... what works in looking cool etc has no relevance on what works for handling, acceleration etc. Just seems a shame to take a sports car and negatively effect change to make it less sporting....

R.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

mattymr2 wrote:looks mean, but anyone else noticed the huge shut line gap between the bonnet and front bumper?

That and the dimpled effect on the top of the bumper. No sure if that's the light though :-k

Nice looking car, aside from the ridiculous ride height [-X
nickg07

Post by nickg07 »

mattymr2 wrote:looks mean, but anyone else noticed the huge shut line gap between the bonnet and front bumper?

twas the first thing i noticed. i figured aftermarket dubious fit bumper..

like the car overall though.
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

Magic Beans wrote:

That and the dimpled effect on the top of the bumper. No sure if that's the light though :-k

I noticed this after closer inspection too. Looks like the fibreglass/ filler has warped, don't think anyone would paint with that finish.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

mattymr2 wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:

I noticed this after closer inspection too. Looks like the fibreglass/ filler has warped, don't think anyone would paint with that finish.

It's all about the little details, which make an apparently stunning car look more mediocre the closer you get. And vice versa though :wink:
TheBaker

Post by TheBaker »

Good few vids of that 2 on Youtube, search MR2 hellaflush

Here's a newish one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IK9zJMceoQ
mattymr2

Post by mattymr2 »

TheBaker wrote:Good few vids of that 2 on Youtube, search MR2 hellaflush

Here's a newish one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IK9zJMceoQ

Looks like it wouldn't be able to turn or do anything but go in a straight line at 10mph on a smooth road.

Theirs nicks in the paintwork all over the place and side strips on the front and rear of rear arch are all over the place.

The kits either not genuine and a cowboy fitted it or it is and it was totally bodged.

Shame as the car lets those Work Meisters down!
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Its not the case where they have just bought an oversized set of wheels and then lowered there cars.
Yes it is.lol. If they were thinking about doing stuff properly they would want to be able to drive the car without issues. To me if the wheels arent on straight or the car is so low it scrubs the rubber it`s an imperfection and a big issue with how the car will drive, therefore only stupid people go that far. Insane mods go for it! Stupid ones, no.
gavinda

Post by gavinda »

love that car,
yeah its impractical but damn it looks good
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

It does look nice cant deny that just raise it off the tyres.
Infamous

Post by Infamous »

People get sports cars for different reasons, some for performance and handling others purely for aesthetics.
A lot of the stance guys would fall into the latter category, though tbh if you go look up their engine specs their cars engines are heavily modified as well.
While they might not be able to track their car with great success that doesnt mean they can't go fast in a straight line.

I personally don't like the veilside kit, that doesn't mean its stupid, thats down to personal taste.
Like I said different strokes for different folks.
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Well you can understand someone not liking the veilside kit, thats like someone not liking an astra but prefers the look of a ford focus. People will have different tastes in what looks good or not, but a car so low down that it scrubs the tyres away is in my opinion stupid and potentially dangerous, forget if it looks nice, it would look just as nice a couple of inches higher. Aesthetically pleasing, but wrecks your tyres? Grrrreat.

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”