Alloys for MK2??????

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Which Alloys?

Konig Hurry's (Black)
37%
Konig Theory's (Black)
5%
Konig E-Racer's (Black)
26%
These are all ugly!!
32%

Total votes: 19

Wright-MK2

Alloys for MK2??????

Post by Wright-MK2 »

Hi All,
Iam looking to put some alloys onto my Mr2, Thinking of 17's but not sure which ones. My car is Black and iam looking for black alloys on and have been looking at these:

Konig Hurry

Konig Theory

Konig E-Racer Black

Feedback would be greatful cos i really can't decide. Also other wheels options shud be given (open to ideas). :?: :?:

Thanks

Chris

Last edited by Wright-MK2 on Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomThumb

Re: Alloys for MK2??????

Post by TomThumb »

I like all of the above equally, but not enough to put em on my car. and i cant really say which one you should go for,
but

These are the ones im after, what do you think of them?

Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

that was me that voted 'these are all ugly' :mrgreen: :lol:

i would reccomend either of these

http://rarerims.co.uk/product_details_a ... d=&pcd_id=

http://www.envyperformance.co.uk/index. ... ct_ID=2316
Spittinflames

Post by Spittinflames »

Im after some alloys myself and have been looking at some black ones with a polished lip as my car is black too.. go for the top one first with the middle pic coming second... not really keen on the bottom one as its a little to boxy for my taste.

How much are these wheels mayb you can get better

have a look at them links in the post above.. i'd go for the Professor SP1 Black they look awesome
Last edited by Spittinflames on Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Al-sw20

Post by Al-sw20 »

Yuck. I bet they all weigh a bloody tonne as well.

Enkei RPF1's. I've just bought a set of 17x7 and 17x8 for my car :P
6.8kgs per rim, lighter than toyota factory 14s.

jimGTS

Post by jimGTS »

more importantly, i asume all these wheels have a width of 7j???
7j all round is not a great idea, you ideally need wider wheels and tyres on the rear.
considering the costs of some of the wheels youve picked, you could get some decent width wheels just about (e, 800-1k mark).
im after the same black/polished look on my car.
Wright-MK2

TomThumb

Post by Wright-MK2 »

TomThumb those rims look sweet, if my Mr2 weren't black then thats the sort of rims i wud be looking for
Wright-MK2

Post by Wright-MK2 »

SpittinFlames, I have found them cheaper, as you can see by the images they were on Motor-World.co.uk. I found the Konig Theory's for under £700 so thats a saving of at least £250 (with tyres). Smart-Car was the company (google "Smart-Car" for their site") they have lots of stuff, u normally see them in the max-power or fast car mags.
G!

Post by G! »

I just go these for my black car. Actually downgrading from 17s to 15s, but think they do 'em in 17 too:

http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/search.a ... ds=formula

The "black chrome" effect is nice, and cuts down on the bling factor. Also think the ten spider spoke style is great on the 2, so would have to go with the 'Hurry'. :-)[/img]
Raf

Post by Raf »

personally i reckon a 5 spoke design looks the best on a 2 (in general)... polished lip with anthracite spokes rather than black.
stevowaring

Post by stevowaring »

Why didn't you guys post up a day earlier!! Except you JimGTS, seen your earlier posts.

I have a white car and I'm also going for the black with polished lip look.

Eventually I decided on these,

http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4x_17 ... deral_.php

£840 with 205/40/17 on the front and 215/40/17's on the back, all TOYO proxes.

I know the widths aren't ideal, but I don't plan on racing my car on the road or on the track, so for the price I think that's not a bad deal.

They also do interest free finance, which I'm hoping I'm ellegible for!

I prefer the first set of Konig's by the way!

Steve
Wright-MK2

Post by Wright-MK2 »

I have been looking on that "Rare Rims" site since you sent me the link G!and i have seen these. what does everyone think?

http://rarerims.co.uk/product_details_a ... d=&pcd_id=
stevowaring

Post by stevowaring »

Will they fit a mk2?

I looked at these and noticed that the PCD bit says 4 x 100 and mk2's have 5 studs! (I think 5x114.3)

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, jsut got to look out for these things!

Steve
Wright-MK2

Post by Wright-MK2 »

nope your right mate, i just got carried away with the looks, i have emailed rare-rims to see if they do a 5 stud 5x114.3 version. iam loving the look though will be disappointed if they don't, maybe get them to make sum in bulk order!!!! :D :D
Wright-MK2

Post by Wright-MK2 »

they have emailed back, (Rare Rims) they say that they are getting them in soon, yes first mr2 in the UK with em. "Sold to the man in the white hat!" \:D/ \:D/

Return to “Modifications”