Can a turbo timer work with an alarm & Immobiliser?

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

unityc55

Can a turbo timer work with an alarm & Immobiliser?

Post by unityc55 »

When my GTS Turbo arrived in the country it had a turbo timer but was removed for the SVA, i never put it back at the time and had an alarm & immobiliser fitted. It is an Clifford Avital MAXX 1. If i put the turbo timer back in what will happen? The immobiliser is set to lock out after approx 30 secs. What would I have to do if I wanted the car to carry on after that period, will it work. I would be grateful for any assistance anyone can give.
Ja99a

Tubby Timer

Post by Ja99a »

My car has immobiliser & alarm fitted in conjunction with a HKS turbo timer & all is well so it must be ok.
The one thing I can say is that the alarm will not arm while the tt is on but the doors still lock ok with the alarm remote.
pecky

Re: Can a turbo timer work with an alarm & Immobiliser?

Post by pecky »

i have a cobra alarm and it hates my turbo timer it makes a horid noise to tell me something aint rite (being the car still running) lol
shafster

Post by shafster »

it's difficult to say, some alarms work fine with a turbo timer and others dont.
Nick Bryant

Post by Nick Bryant »

Speak to Skywalker his one arms once the turbo timers finished
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

i think it is down to the wiring and alarm make

mine clifford work with apexi tt , but some alarm dont, i think some alarm check to see is the engine is running or not also i think alarm must have auto arm to work, when mine alarm arm and it lock door and wait for turbo timer to finish than arm! or auto arm but i know i work :wink:
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

unityc55 wrote:When my GTS Turbo arrived in the country it had a turbo timer but was removed for the SVA, i never put it back at the time and had an alarm & immobiliser fitted. It is an Clifford Avital MAXX 1. If i put the turbo timer back in what will happen? The immobiliser is set to lock out after approx 30 secs. What would I have to do if I wanted the car to carry on after that period, will it work. I would be grateful for any assistance anyone can give.

my clifford 300 has a turbo timer attached though i don't use it

Return to “Modifications”