[Mk2] [Turbo] Wilwood Brake Upgrade Kit. Advice please.

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ashley

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Wilwood Brake Upgrade Kit. Advice please.

Post by ashley »

Standard disc's are fine mate :thumleft:

Did you try Carbotech direct for prices?
b16hbg

Post by b16hbg »

More expensive than rogue! £200 delivered for the fronts in xp8!
ashley

Post by ashley »

b16hbg wrote:More expensive than rogue! £200 delivered for the fronts in xp8!

LOL...they must have put their prices up! Rogue it is then...
Nic

Post by Nic »

b16hbg wrote:180 from rogue, dont know anywhere cheaper.
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into it. Anyone recommend a disc to use with these?

In term of value for money/performance a set of new OEM Toyota discs are hard to beat.
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

It's true that that Wilwood kit will increase your front bias.

However that's NOT true of all kits, in fact we designed one version of our kit to work perfectly with the Rev 2 rear brakes - AND we did a version to work with the Rev 1 rear brakes as well!

Attention to detail when designing a proper upgrade is what makes the difference. There's more info here as mentioned earlier: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=160474

Oh, and you can get Carbotech pads for WMS calipers too. :mrgreen:
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Keri-WMS wrote:It's true that that Wilwood kit will increase your front bias.

However that's NOT true of all kits, in fact we designed one version of our kit to work perfectly with the Rev 2 rear brakes - AND we did a version to work with the Rev 1 rear brakes as well!

Attention to detail when designing a proper upgrade is what makes the difference. There's more info here as mentioned earlier: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=160474

Can you make a bell and rotor for standard calipers?
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

bobhatton wrote:
Keri-WMS wrote:It's true that that Wilwood kit will increase your front bias.

Can you make a bell and rotor for standard calipers?

Technically I expect so - the main issue would be cost vs volume. If enough people wanted it i expect we could.

The trouble is race pads (and therefore calipers and rotors) are shorter get the effective radius up, as this makes a smaller disc "act" like a larger one. So while a race pad would sit happily on a 280mm rotor, an OEM pad will be much closer to, and most likely will hit, the mounting bolts/bell.

I enough people are interested I can look into it? Chances are a WMS 280x28 kit would be more cost effective though (with or without rotors+bells).
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Ok, so what comes with your kits, can you put some photos of the disks up please
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
minky350

Post by minky350 »

Hi Keri-WMS. I dropped you an email last week but I didn't receive a reply. Could you let me know costs and availability for a rev3 turbo front brake kit?
Cheers
Keri-WMS

Post by Keri-WMS »

bobhatton wrote:Ok, so what comes with your kits, can you put some photos of the disks up please

Have a look at the link to affiliates in my sig, but here are what you get in the kit, both versions (296x28 and 298.5x18). Pads and lines are extra.

minky350 wrote:Hi Keri-WMS. I dropped you an email last week but I didn't receive a reply. Could you let me know costs and availability for a rev3 turbo front brake kit?
Cheers

Sorry - I'll get on that now!

Return to “Modifications”