New wheels fitted

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Peter C

Re: New wheels fitted

Post by Peter C »

RedMR² wrote:
entitled to your opinion I guess :wink:

Kind of you to say so.
craig

Post by craig »

Peter C wrote:
RedMR² wrote:
entitled to your opinion I guess :wink:

Kind of you to say so.

No prob :mrgreen:
Rob

Post by Rob »

They look good!
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

I think they look fresh...
No ones impressed with MR2,s these days other than enthusiasts. I think its all about introducing a bit individuality.. There not posy cars, no one thinks your driving a ferrari, its all about the pleasure of driving driving them..
Peter C

Post by Peter C »

A.BLAKE wrote:I think they look fresh...
No ones impressed with MR2,s these days other than enthusiasts. I think its all about introducing a bit individuality.. There not posy cars, no one thinks your driving a ferrari, its all about the pleasure of driving driving them..

I agree.

Mk2 MR2s are too old to be cool and trendy and too new to be considered as classics. They are effectively cheap old cars that provide a selected crowd with driving pleasure and satisfaction that they are driving something slightly different from the norm.

I bought my first Mk2 MR2 just as the shape went out of production. At the time they were still relatively expensive to buy and had a bit of street cred. Today I have three cars on my drive; a brand new BMW 5 series, a classic Mercedes and the MR2. I refer to the MR2 as a cheap old crap weather car that I can leave in the station car park without fear or worry that something bad will happen. However, I still think the shape has freshness to it and those wheels look poop!
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Yeah but as someone who sold one of the first built, first UK registered, Autocar tested Rev1s your judgement is considered forever poop... :wink:
Peter C

Post by Peter C »

HighwayStar wrote:Yeah but as someone who sold one of the first built, first UK registered, Autocar tested Rev1s your judgement is considered forever poop... :wink:

With hindsight that wasn't a good move and I apologise for my actions!

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”