[Mk2] [NA] Central locking oddity...

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

RobPhoboS

[Mk2] [NA] Central locking oddity...

Post by RobPhoboS »

The past few times I've hopped into the car, I've unlocked it, started her up and the car locks itself on both doors.
I've no idea why it's suddenly started doing it :-k
Draven

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Central locking oddity...

Post by Draven »

RobPhoboS wrote:The past few times I've hopped into the car, I've unlocked it, started her up and the car locks itself on both doors.

Mine locks the drivers door on its own some times.. :? never figured it out.
gtinash

Post by gtinash »

RobPhoboS wrote:The past few times I've hopped into the car, I've unlocked it, started her up and the car locks itself on both doors.

Has your car been fitted with an after market alarm/remote central locking system?

as that an anti hijack feature on some alarms and some times can act up
rev3turbo

Post by rev3turbo »

on the later revs, if you unlock the door (but dont enter!) after a period of time the doors will lock themselves automatically, just incase you didnt mean to press the open button on the fob in the first place

soooo...

if you unlock the door, enter the car and the doors then lock, it means that the alarm system hasnt recognised the doors opening, the culprit is the door light switch (the push in switch with the rubber cover on the inside of the door frame), which will probably need replacing or the contacts cleaning up....
mistertubby2

Post by mistertubby2 »

rev3turbo wrote:on the later revs, if you unlock the door (but dont enter!) after a period of time the doors will lock themselves automatically, just incase you didnt mean to press the open button on the fob in the first place

soooo...

if you unlock the door, enter the car and the doors then lock, it means that the alarm system hasnt recognised the doors opening, the culprit is the door light switch (the push in switch with the rubber cover on the inside of the door frame), which will probably need replacing or the contacts cleaning up....
Mine wont unlock when the push switch is in even if i press it with my hand,works fine with door open any ideas.
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

check the wiring loom running to the door, when i had mine apart to fit new speakers id found a couple of the wires had broken, on mine when i shut the drivers door the locking would lock then unlock a couple of times, i thought it was the microswitch going but it turned out to be a couple of broken wires

chris

Return to “Electrical”