Saturday morning country road drive

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hygt2

Saturday morning country road drive

Post by hygt2 »

Gauging interest on a weekend morning country road drive on Saturday 31-Mar.

There is a route which I have been using for years. Abridge -> Ongar -> Finchingfield and back.

Assuming we start on the dot at 9 am, we can be in Finchingfield coffee for 10.15. Then set off again at 10.45 to be back by 12 noon.

Already have route saved on Garmin (.gpx) and Tom Tom (.itn).

Any one interested?

Garrison

Potential interested for 31-Mar 9AM, starting from Shell garage in Abridge (Route note to be emailed out on 26-Mar)
(Confirmed in bold)
1) hygt2
2) A.BLAKE
3) Debs and Paul
4) gazrev1tubby (Tentative)
5)
6)
Last edited by hygt2 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
gazrev1tubby

Re: Saturday morning country road drive

Post by gazrev1tubby »

I won't add my name yet, but if I can get my turbo bits swapped over in time, i'll come along :thumleft:
unowho

Post by unowho »

Potential interested for 31-Mar 9AM, starting from Shell garage in Abridge (Route note to be emailed out on 26-Mar)

1) hygt2
2) A.BLAKE
3) Debs and Paul
4)

Will also advertise on my fb page and the MK1 site if you wish?

Debs
Proud Mk2 owner
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

More the merrier! Looking forward to this.. nothing like a country drive in a nice car with some other nice cars to look at.. Hope the weather is good...
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

Gaz, hope you can make it, would like to have a look at your ride, looks pretty serious...
gazrev1tubby

Post by gazrev1tubby »

I had planned to start my turbo swap that morning, as unfortunately I haven't been able to source all the necessary parts so far :(

I might just come along, and start the swap in the afternoon :thumleft:
hygt2

Post by hygt2 »

unowho wrote:Potential interested for 31-Mar 9AM, starting from Shell garage in Abridge (Route note to be emailed out on 26-Mar)

1) hygt2
2) A.BLAKE
3) Debs and Paul
4)

Will also advertise on my fb page and the MK1 site if you wish?

Debs

Sure Debs, not a problem. I have another friend of mine coming along as well so not really confined to MR2s only :)
hygt2

Post by hygt2 »

gazrev1tubby wrote:I had planned to start my turbo swap that morning, as unfortunately I haven't been able to source all the necessary parts so far :(

I might just come along, and start the swap in the afternoon :thumleft:

Hi Gaz, should I add you in for now? Cheers, Garrison
hygt2

Post by hygt2 »

A.BLAKE wrote:More the merrier! Looking forward to this.. nothing like a country drive in a nice car with some other nice cars to look at.. Hope the weather is good...

I hope for reasonable weather so can have the top off. If weather very good, I'd borrow my friend's CrossBlade. However, if the weather if very bad, I'd swap for my 4WD (6MPS) ... :)
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

crossblade... is that not a smart car? bring the mk 2 man! LOL

However, if the weather if very bad, I'd swap for my 4WD (6MPS) ...

Thats just cheating.. LOL... I like bit of boost in the wet keeps you on ya toes second gear can be a bit hairy though... :shock:

Taking her up to luke at p,works this week to fit my new IC, boost controller, oil pump and cam belt and getting rid on the AC as well, oh and i Blitz Bov so should be ready for a nice reliable 1 bar boost by then..

\:D/
hygt2

Post by hygt2 »

A.BLAKE wrote:crossblade... is that not a smart car? bring the mk 2 man! LOL

Taking her up to luke at p,works this week to fit my new IC, boost controller, oil pump and cam belt and getting rid on the AC as well, oh and i Blitz Bov so should be ready for a nice reliable 1 bar boost by then..

\:D/

Yes, the crossblade is a Smart with no windscreen or door but it has got the Roadster engine. It can only really be driven under the sun due to the wind chill factor.

How is Luke? I visited him 2 weeks ago and he looked well over-worked !!
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

I'd sooo do this but my '2 is having an engine change that weekend :(
hygt2

Post by hygt2 »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:I'd sooo do this but my '2 is having an engine change that weekend :(
Don't worry - if the turn out is good, I might organise it as a regular every other month :)
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

Finchingfield is a very nice rural village. Last time I went there, I parked next to a bright yellow Corvette Z06 - the kleenex came out needless to say...

Though the villagers may not appreciate Toyota's finest creations brapping through their village :thumleft:
hygt2

Post by hygt2 »

SuperRedMR2 wrote:Finchingfield is a very nice rural village. Last time I went there, I parked next to a bright yellow Corvette Z06 - the kleenex came out needless to say...

Though the villagers may not appreciate Toyota's finest creations brapping through their village :thumleft:

Yellow Corvette is nice. There is actually a red Z06 owned locally in Finchingfield and a dark Green MR2 MK2 Rev 3 T-Bar at Great Bardfield, though not sure if the owner is on IMOC.

Pretty sure the villagers wouldn't mind us so long as we are not "loud". It is a regular stop over when I organise the country drive for our IAM group members and associates as well as for the HPC and the Classic Car Club.
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

hmmm getting warmed up for this now... Big Ems (thats her name) is in at P.Works atm, cant wait to get her back, really missed her this weekend with this nice weather but she should be back better than ever by next weekend. Luke,s good, top bloke! Seemed busy but im not surprised he,s a great mechanic and a real enthusiast would not take my 2 any where else!
A.BLAKE

Post by A.BLAKE »

as we are not "loud"

Well apart from the decat, japspeed and blitz SS im quiet as a mouse dont even have a stereo fitted :roll:

Some feather footed driving i think.... LOL
hygt2

Post by hygt2 »

Hi all, you should have a pm from me. Can you drop me an email so I can email you the Route Notes and Sat Nav files please? Ta, Garrison
unowho

Post by unowho »

Got the details thanks and splendid job, but a huge no for me now, gutted but having a few personal issues at the mo :-(

Debs
Proud Mk2 owner
hygt2

Post by hygt2 »

No worries and thanks for letting me know. We are still going with a couple of friends from mpsoc and hpc.

Return to “Past Events”