Tein Link Bars

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hoodedreeper

Tein Link Bars

Post by hoodedreeper »

Got some TEIN coilovers which included the Anti Roll Bar Links,can i replace these with a different manufacture Link Bar or does it have to be TEIN only?
Rob

Re: Tein Link Bars

Post by Rob »

So long as the replacements are the same length, face in opposite directions (front ones) and the threaded bits are the right diameter to go through the strut and arb holes without huge gaps then you can use whatever you like.
hoodedreeper

Post by hoodedreeper »

Thanks for the fast reply Rob! I work in a local motor factor so getting an 'aftermarket' part will be easier rather than buying a genuine TEIN one
Rob

Post by Rob »

.....and cheaper!

Could you post up what model car you get them from?
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

I think I'm going to need to do the same soon. i can't tighten one of my rears enough because of the way it fits to the strut. i think i need a drop link with an alan key fitment in the back so that i can stop it spinning around while im tightening it.

ill keep an eye out for what you use
abovetherim

Post by abovetherim »

timmomr2 wrote:I think I'm going to need to do the same soon. i can't tighten one of my rears enough because of the way it fits to the strut. i think i need a drop link with an alan key fitment in the back so that i can stop it spinning around while im tightening it.

ill keep an eye out for what you use

You may find that if your drop link doesn't have the allen key hole on the end then it may have flats on the ring of metal just by where the rubber boot finishes. you can then get an open spanner of the correct size on it to stop it spinning
riot68

Post by riot68 »

Don't have these myself but sure i read that Mazda premacy links fit, just a thought...
visual anarchy since 1990...

riot68.com
timmomr2

Post by timmomr2 »

ive tried it with a spanner and even a pair of grips i cant get it to stop spinning. its just in a really awkward place

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”